• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 month old eating carrots??

digidragon9129

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi, i have a question...
i want to feed kaiber some small slices of baby carrots. is he old enough to try them??

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
digidragon9129 said:
hi, i have a question...
i want to feed kaiber some small slices of baby carrots. is he old enough to try them??

I would shred them to avoid choking.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can feed carrots on occasion....like once a week, but not more often. they contain carrotine. It works the opposite in reptiles than humans

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Another suggestion that my beardie, YoYo, enjoys is butternut squash. I use a veggie peeler to slice it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Agreeing with Ladyknight. Carrots are fine on occassion.

Your beardie should be offered salad daily. Some veggies are sweet potato, butternut squash, bell peppers, green/yellow squash. Some greens are collard greens, mustard greens, broccoli leaves, parsley. For a more extensive list, see our caresheet. Scroll down the the middle in the Feeding section:
Bearded Dragon Care

digidragon9129

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thats good because he didn't like them. He just spred them a side and ate the mustard greens. I didn't know they could eat parsley, broccoli leaves, sweet potato, and all the veggie combo Renee mentioned ;D the breeder just told me they could eat greens...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great that he ate the mustard greens. Greens are essential for their well being!

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Bell peppers and sweet potatoe! Awesome, I have not tried those yet. I will give them some bells tomorrow and go buy a sweet potatoe.

Latest posts