• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

3-4 month old health help

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
My sully is in a 40 gallon tank, no sand only reptile carpet
Basking spot goes to 110, cool side goes to about 80
Now: I got sully in the middle of July so I assume he would be about 3-4 months old
He's active, always wants to be out around, doesn't seem to be losing weight, very explorative (always licking his surroundings)
He stopped eating last Sunday, eating very small amounts up until Wednesday, now he won't eat anything
He's still active and all that. Will eat some fruit/veggies when offered to him
I'm really just worried on why he wouldn't be eating if he's active and seems healthy ?

P.s he only basks for about 10 minutes, idk why :(

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
That's OK, keep offering the fruit and veggies and let him eat that to his heart's content. As long as he is eating something and acting normal, I wouldn't loose a lot of sleep over it. Of course, always offer the prey food as well, even if he doesn't eat them. Sooner or later he'll come around to it. Just give him time.

Just keep an eye on him, and keep us posted.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
This is a comparison between my sully and my brothers hershel (we got hershel only 2 weeks before sully) which is why I'm a bit worried. he's huge compared to sully

Attachments

• Sullyvshershel.JPG
    Sullyvshershel.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 65

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Comparing BDs size is not a good idea because different BDs grow at different rates. Check out my thread 'Hatchlings', siblings from the same clutch, same diets, same lighting, same everything. But growing at different rates.

Hatchlings

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I agree fully with Germ. I have had that experience as well with my hatchlings. Some got big quick, some stayed little tiny.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Comparing BDs size is not a good idea because different BDs grow at different rates. Check out my thread 'Hatchlings', siblings from the same clutch, same diets, same lighting, same everything. But growing at different rates.

Hatchlings

thanks germ, i just had a "doh" moment. haha of course they grow at different rates, like people
Thanks again

Latest posts