• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 yr old beardie wont eat his vegies

Micro Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was given this beardie about a week ago and noticed he won't eat any vegies. I bought a jar of food that is supposed to have all the nutrition that vegies have and he still won't eat that. He loves his meal worms and crickets! How do I get him to eat?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can try giving him only veggies for a few days, there are some other methods like giving veggies first thing, then waiting a few hours to give protein, but at that age he doesn't need much protein. You can try sticking worms under the veggies so that they move, try wiggling some veggies, or attach it to a string. Anybody else got any other ideas?

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
try going a few days w/out feeding live food & only offering salad. make sure the salad is visible at all times & plz kno mealworms aren't a very good choice 4 food. they have a hard exo-skeleton which can be harder 4 dragons 2 digest & their nutritional value is very low w/a very high fat content!! there are many other good & healthy worms out there 4 ur dragon!!!

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah I know but it's what I do to get her eating again; I hide them in her greens and she eats away until she finds em ;D

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
yes, dragons tend 2 be very pickey eaters! it's all bout finding wut urs likes best. mine will eat just bout nething, sept he doesn't care so much 4 raspberries, strawberries & mustard greens

Latest posts