• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 month old Beardie Sleeping longer

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
Hi
Im sure I am being paranoid but its worth a shot for my Sidious
Yesterday he was active and eating and jumping.Around 5pm I gave him a nice lil warm bath for 10 minutes.
Place him back in his tank and around 6pm he went to sleep and he has been sleeping in the same spot ever since. His basking time is set for 6am -8pm and he hasnt moved yet. (im watching him on webcam)

Should I be worried?
He is in a 2 months and 8 days old..and is in a 20 gal tank until he gets to be 4 months old then I am moving him to a 40 gal.
Ive hand fed him..petted him. held him for a bit and he is sweet as pie..
His temps for basking are normally at 96-112 degrees..he normally stays in the 96 range of the basking light.
Cool side is normally around 80 and at night the lowest has dropped to about 69 duing the past 3 days but has been at a steady 70. Humidty levels are ok.

I gave him his greens this morning as I always do and then my wife feeds him when she gets home around 3pm and he eats up about 6-7 crickets.

Thoughts.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is he pooping? What’s his UVB again? It’s unusual for a 2 month old to be sleeping as much. Napping here and there is one thing, but not moving from the same spot says there is something off.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Patsy something is off at that age they are typically up and alert

mjfreaks

Hatchling Dragon
hi! So I would assume that he was up and alert around 1pm or 3pm because wife came home and found him hanging out on the hammock like.."hey whats wrong with yall?"
She fed him, he ate and just back to normal.
He went to sleep early and I figured he was just tired.

The bulbs I have are these ones..had em for about 2 weeks and he has been doing just fine..
2151603-center-1

I dont need to upgrade to a larger bulb until he reaches 4 months plus right???

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They really should have a tube UVB from the beginning. A compact fluorescent is okay in a 20g as a temporary fix but it doesn’t penetrate real deep into the tank so long term it isn’t good.

Now I will say, my dragons at every age always turned into bed about an hour before lights went out. That’s the time I would hold them and pet them and talk to them and get them used to being around me.

Latest posts