• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st timer

Gizmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey all ;D

We've had Gizmo since May, he was 4 months old when we got him and we've had so many dramas with the poor guy. All down to bad advice, I was sure we were gonna lose him at one point :'( In his short life hes spent a weekend at the vets has has 2 vivs, 2 sets of lights and basically cost us a fortune! We were sold the wrong set up :mad:

Anyway hes all soted now and we chucked those damn coils bulbs he seems to be thriving ;D

So heres a pic.....or 2 :D

This was when we 1st got him
P1040563.jpg

Few weeks later
P1040683.jpg

these are more recent

He loves his cuddly dragon lol
P1040796.jpg

This is where he sleeps
P1040821.jpg

Catching a few rays
P1040840.jpg

P1040844.jpg

You can just see by his beard hes starting to shed!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and thanks for the pics...we love pictures around here. Sorry you had a rough time to start, pet stores have no idea how to care for what they are selling. My Miss Piggy came to me the size of a 3 month old and skin and bone, in a 10 gallon tank w/ a heat pad, sand and a red light that stayed on 24 hours a day b/c her prior owner followed the care instructions of a pet store. These little ones bounce back really good, now the vet is telling me she was a little overweight.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
HI and welcome.
Your little one looks really good now. Love the pics.
Its amazing how fast they bounce back and how their condition can improve in such a short while with proper care.
Pet shops really dont know what theyre talking about, its all about making money

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh wow, what a difference!

WELCOME, by the way :D

Great pics. Love the pic with the dragon plush he's perching on.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome. Sorry you were given bad advice. It's happened to the best of us. Cute dragon!

Gizmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome ;D
Pet shops suck Its the 1st pet Ive not gone to a breeder for....oh well lesson learnt!

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Welcome. I also had a bad experience with a pet store. He is happy and thriving now thanks to the people on this forum. Your baby looks very nice!!! :D

Latest posts