• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120g Set-up

Milestone97

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! I have a 120g tank coming in Tuesday , was wondering if anyone had any tips for setting it up.. it has holes in the side to run the uvb inside the tank, has anyone done this? I am running an Arcadia pro t5 on top of the mesh on my 40g, do I need to upgrade to something bigger for the new tank? Any tips/ pictures are greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.
PXL_20230916_125117273.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fyi, it's the 4x2x2 from Dubia.com if anyone is interested in one. By far the least expensive one I've seen
You will need to place the UVB inside the tank directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -you can hang the UVB w/ fishing line --- long plastic zip ties--- 3M Velcro fasteners or picture hanging wire I recommend that one-- your surface basking temps will be determined by a probe digital thermometer - you want two of them - I will post pics of one of my tanks and see how I have Zen set up

Attachments

• Blaze tank 9-13-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-13-2021.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 15

Milestone97

Bearded Dragon Egg
You will need to place the UVB inside the tank directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches -you can hang the UVB w/ fishing line --- long plastic zip ties--- 3M Velcro fasteners or picture hanging wire I recommend that one-- your surface basking temps will be determined by a probe digital thermometer - you want two of them - I will post pics of one of my tanks and see how I have Zen set up
I got it set up, now with the bigger tank the ambient temps are much lower... basking spot is 100-105, but hot side is about 86 and the cool side is way down to 73... should I add another, smaller bulb to the cool side? Running a 150 for the basking spot
PXL_20230923_124013908.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got it set up, now with the bigger tank the ambient temps are much lower... basking spot is 100-105, but hot side is about 86 and the cool side is way down to 73... should I add another, smaller bulb to the cool side? Running a 150 for the basking spotView attachment 34726
You may haft to add another dome on the hot side w/ a lower wattage basking bulb- I run two on that side one w/ a 150 and one 60 at the moment -- I then haft to watch those temps during the day as my room runs warm in the summer and when those ambient temps start getting too hot I shut the 60 off -- And I see two digital thermometers but none w/ probes- you need a probe placed on the spot where hes sitting - the 86 is off for ambient temps - usually if the surface temp is over 100 the air temp should be that at least - my hot side on the basking decor runs in different temps from 108 down to 90's depending on where he would sit -- but the air temp in that area is around 100-- I would try the extra wattage on the hot side first and watch what the cool side does - I also have a 75 watt in the center of the tank by the UVB that too sometimes gets shut off as well depending on the warmth of the room - if its too hot outside the a/c goes on and then I dont usually haft to shut lights off in the tanks- its when the room has the windows open is when I really need to watch those temps -- you can always add a light on the cool side or place a basking bulb in the center of the tank like I did and thats going to add light and heat on the cool side - you dont want to have the cool side over 85 tho -- its just a matter of playing around w/ the bulbs and placement etc to get the temps you want -- but get the digital probe thermometers -- those are going to give you the surface basking temps you need and want plus help you w/ the temps as well in the tank

Latest posts