• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

100 gallon tank for a baby beardie? (2 months)

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Occasionally Yes on carrots but It has vitamin A which is toxic; Kale is high in Oxalates which is bad and Spinach is a never it binds to calcium. Why not stick to he staple everyday ones.
I agree with spinach. Spinach is pretty bad. But I've fed my beardie carrots and kale at least 3 times a month and I've never had any problems. All I'm saying is they might not be terrible for your dragon.

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
So... I see you're trying to help, and you are. But all I can think about is the fact you're saying no carrots or kale at all. That is not true. If you even read the actual article you posted, you would see it's okay to feed them carrots or kale, or an entire host of other items, occasionally.
Any comments on collard greens? That is also on that article but I've always read collard greens are really good and should be a sraple veggiem I fed my older beardie collards dialy and he had vet appointments and they always said he was very healthy with a perfect intake of calcium. All the conflicting info is becoming confusing..

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Any comments on collard greens? That is also on that article but I've always read collard greens are really good and should be a sraple veggiem I fed my older beardie collards dialy and he had vet appointments and they always said he was very healthy with a perfect intake of calcium. All the conflicting info is becoming confusing..
YES collard & mustard greens and dandelions are everyday staple greens!!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes, they are a great food to feed your bearded dragon!

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
N
I just ordered from reptilianarts.com but they have only adult worms- no small - they usually have bulk smalls like 50 but they are out-- they do have small super worms tho -and dubias -- try there -- I like these worms --
you can get just silk worms from www.coastalsilkworms.com
60-70 is to cool for cool side during the day - it needs to be 80's
so your UVB is good then w/ nothing blocking it and the distance --
basking temps are 90-100-- they will need to be 105-110 for your baby - adults like it 95-110- usually on the 95- 100 side
so you will need that heat emitter if its dropping that low at nite
I wouldnt give weekly baths too soon - to much stress - you can give misting baths - that way it wont stress him out so bad - his salads rinsed before serving are going to give him moisture -- too much bathing drys their scales out too
[/QUOT
No superworms ever until after 1.5 yrs of age. And silk worms never heard of it; don’t do it. Stick to crickets and Dubia roaches and the greens and veggies. Lots of protein under 6mnths of age feed 5times a day proteins like 80 to 100 crickets and Dubias then after 3months feed 3 times a day

Scout

Hatchling Dragon
Is it a bad idea to have my beardie in my 100 gallon tank? I will be getting him next week and I am not sure if my tank is too big and would stress him out? I plan to feed him in a smaller feeding tank so I'm not worried about that, just if the size of the tank would stress him out? I also have a 20 gallon tank from when I was breeding dubias so I can put him in there for a while if that is better, but if the 100 gallon is fine, I'd prefer to just get him set up in there. I have digital thermometers to measure the heat and humidity also.

(Tank will be cleaned and re-arranged before the baby gets here)

suggestions, please & thank you!
it can never be too big, beardies in the wild have the whole world to roam. only difficulty i could see from this is if your beardie has trouble hunting down his food if the food is very active (like a cricket)

TicaTaco

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it a bad idea to have my beardie in my 100 gallon tank? I will be getting him next week and I am not sure if my tank is too big and would stress him out? I plan to feed him in a smaller feeding tank so I'm not worried about that, just if the size of the tank would stress him out? I also have a 20 gallon tank from when I was breeding dubias so I can put him in there for a while if that is better, but if the 100 gallon is fine, I'd prefer to just get him set up in there. I have digital thermometers to measure the heat and humidity also.

I would worry about the UV light and heating lamp and if he is getting enough. Does the light go all the way across the tank? If not, you can always make a division so that the tank is a bit smaller and move it out further as he gets bigger.

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
it can never be too big, beardies in the wild have the whole world to roam. only difficulty i could see from this is if your beardie has trouble hunting down his food if the food is very active (like a cricket)
Glad you think that because I just upgraded to the 240 gallon from zenhabitats lol haven't received it yet though! I plan to feed him in a feeder tank :)

Carlyelaine

Hatchling Dragon
I would worry about the UV light and heating lamp and if he is getting enough. Does the light go all the way across the tank? If not, you can always make a division so that the tank is a bit smaller and move it out further as he gets bigger.
Uvb goes across 70% of tank. I have the h5 10.0. I have gauges at each end of the tank to measure temps and be sure its hot/cool enough. :)

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Uvb goes across 70% of tank. I have the h5 10.0. I have gauges at each end of the tank to measure temps and be sure its hot/cool enough. :)
YES T5 10.0 Reptisun is he Best that’s good you have that; that’s the Best & only recommended UVB for Dragons.

miranda m

Bearded Dragon Egg

Yea i’d say for now maybe section a part of it off till he grows big enough for the space, my bearded is in a 150 gallon and he loves it, but he is also full grown lol. :)

Latest posts