• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wow....I want to go back to high school so I can graduate again.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had a graduation party for our twins on Saturday and we had a great turnout. It was listed from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Of course, we knew we'd have family showing up early...so it really started somewhere around 2:00pm. There seemed to be two separate crowds, an early crowd and a late crowd. LOTS of food for everyone. In fact, there was so much left over, we had to send it home with some of the guests.

We made a slideshow video with music to go along with it (6 different songs). It was almost 21 minutes long and a big hit with both crowds. We managed to include every one of their friends as well as all of those in our families that have been involved with the girls' lives. Not only was it a hit, there were a lot of attendees that got emotional over it. By the way, Vesta, not one tear from me, again. Must not be the emotional type right now. Mayebe it's because I've just got way too much going on to get emotional. Perhaps when things settle down, that'll be different.

Anyway, on to the reason for the subject title. We all know that people like to give money as a graduation gift. Many of them gave the twins $50 each. I couldn't believe the number of people that did this. In all, the girls ended up with over $1200 a piece. There's almost $2500 total. So...from that, we've decided they need to immediately pay the bills for some of the photography accessories they just purchased. Over $600 worth...and some very nice stuff that they needed badly like a top-of-the-line flash (it's the Canon 580EX). It's digital and can serve as a master to several other slave flashes. Basically, it sends a signal to the others when it's time for them to go off....so you get decent lighting from several different angles to reduce shadowing.

We've also instructed them that they will set aside a certain amount to put in their savings. Some will help pay for books for college starting this fall. And Bev and I need to discuss how much we're going to allow them to have to just spend on whatever they want. I mean, they've earned it....they should get to blow some of it.

Anyway, it was a VERY productive weekend. Weather couldn't have been better. We turned our air off yesterday as it only got up to about 80 degrees and the humidity seemed to have dropped off the charts. It was beautiful and I spent almost every minute outside....probably why I'm hurting so bad today.

I can't believe they're officially graduated and will be starting college this fall. Bev and I will soon be parents of collegeates. Geez....we're getting old! :eek: And to think....the grandparent label could be entering our lives within the next 5 years or so. Wow....

I couldn't possibly be more proud of my girls....and there's no way I could love them any more.

Here they are with their photography mentor and two other mentorees.

Group1.jpg

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
According to Stephen Hawking's you can not travel back in time but the possibility to travel in the future hmmm... but would not slove the case of going back to high school. :(

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TheWolfmanTom said:
Dude, Ill get the Delorian fired up!!
Do you have a spare flux capacitor???

Darn! I KNEW there'd be a reason to hold onto the spare....but Bev decided since it hadn't been used in three years, we didn't need it. So it got tossed. :mad:

And I have a friend that just bought a Delorian....we so could have pulled this off, Tom. Wait....you have a Delorian, too?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:
According to Stephen Hawking's you can not travel back in time but the possibility to travel in the future hmmm... but would not slove the case of going back to high school. :(

Is it possible to travel so fast into the future that it actually sends you BACK in time? Kind of like a rubber band effect. ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
JustaV said:
It's Hawking, vesta love... I called him that too, until I was corrected... lol

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You may not have shed a tear Craiger but your girls are still living with you and going to college. Wait til they graduate college and get out on their own. Then you will officially have the "empty nest syndrome". That is when I shed tears.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
pscaulkins said:
You may not have shed a tear Craiger but your girls are still living with you and going to college. Wait til they graduate college and get out on their own. Then you will officially have the "empty nest syndrome". That is when I shed tears.

I think you're right about that, Sandy.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's Hawking, vesta love... I called him that too, until I was corrected... lol

Oh nice to know...lol...and I think Vesta is someone else I may be wrong, but not me :)?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's awesome, Craig. Congrats to you and the girls for making this milestone! Wishing them the best of luck in their next quest.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
That's awesome, Craig. Congrats to you and the girls for making this milestone! Wishing them the best of luck in their next quest.

Thanks Renee!

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congrats to your beautiful girls, and to you and your wife for doing such a great job with them.

And, I think I want to go back to school with the rest of you, at least for the graduation part.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry Craiger. They don't allow old FARTS back into High School!! ;D

I am really surprised that you held it together so well my friend. But you are right, it is a busy time. I am so glad you had such a great time. When Schelly Graduated we had over 300 people show up for her Graduation party. It rained and I blew the heating element in my oven out just as the guests started arriving. She went to a Private School that had a large church family and our church. Both had an open invitation to all who wanted to come(who would have thought so many would have shown up?) Plus other friends and family came. We were wall to wall and had a great time. They do make the big bucks. Thanks to the generousity of friends and family. Plus they get the other gifts. And you are right..they worked hard and deserve it. Wait until they get married. I actually thought Mike and I should have gone on our own Honeymoon after she got married. We were sooooo tired.

It was hard on me each time one of my kids left. I had not prepared myself and it snuck up on me. You HAVE been warned. :'(

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
Sorry Craiger. They don't allow old FARTS back into High School!! ;D

I am really surprised that you held it together so well my friend. But you are right, it is a busy time. I am so glad you had such a great time. When Schelly Graduated we had over 300 people show up for her Graduation party. It rained and I blew the heating element in my oven out just as the guests started arriving. She went to a Private School that had a large church family and our church. Both had an open invitation to all who wanted to come(who would have thought so many would have shown up?) Plus other friends and family came. We were wall to wall and had a great time. They do make the big bucks. Thanks to the generousity of friends and family. Plus they get the other gifts. And you are right..they worked hard and deserve it. Wait until they get married. I actually thought Mike and I should have gone on our own Honeymoon after she got married. We were sooooo tired.

It was hard on me each time one of my kids left. I had not prepared myself and it snuck up on me. You HAVE been warned. :'(

Thanks for the warning! Speaking of being tired, we're going away on a 5-day trip this week. Leave Wednesday and not coming back 'til Sunday. Lookin' forward to it (Cloud 9). :)

Wow....Schelly had a huge graduation party. 300 people...don't think I could've handled that. I don't do well with crowds.

Oh...and just so you know, I'm not overlooking the "old fart" comment. LOL!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jiffy said:
Congrats to your beautiful girls, and to you and your wife for doing such a great job with them.

And, I think I want to go back to school with the rest of you, at least for the graduation part.

Thanks Jen! They certainly are pretty good girls....so, yeah, I'd like to think we did a pretty good job with them. I know one thing, Bev and I make pretty people. Maybe we should have had more kids. LOL!

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
There is a Vesta...lol

Yeah, and she's a great gal.

Sometimes when I post something I get responses I know are for me but say Vesta in them....lol...

Latest posts