• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

VOTE NOW in the Basking Beardie Photo Contest!!

Which 3 basking beardie photos are your favorites?

• Photo A

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Photo B

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Photo C

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Photo D

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Photo E

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Photo F

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Photo G

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Photo H

• Photo I

• Photo J

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Photo K

• Photo L

• Photo M

• Photo N

• Photo O

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The intention of the contest is to bring the community together and hopefully help it grow. I should've made more specific rules. Now I know for next time - and trust me, there will be plenty of contests, the next one is already lined up! No one has broken the rules, I just wasn't clear that this contest was a free-for-all to encourage more beardie owners to join our community and participate. Sorry for the confusion...

tdharris70

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just hope the people that came on my behalf stay, and participate. I would love to see it grow I find alot of the people here very knowledgeable, and can be very helpful to new members, new owners etc. I really like the looks and layout of the entire site is why I came and I don't plan on going anywhere. :)

LilytheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, it does take away from the fairness of the entire contest as the people simply registered to rack up votes for you, and haven't actually participated in the forum prior or been along for the ride since the beginning of the contest. You really need that $50 gift card that bad? It's just sad that this forum was up and growing (myself being a new member as well) and Josh started setting up new contests and fun things, and they have to come down to this.... like I said, unfortunately there will always be people like that who cause issues in forums, as there are in my fish forum reefcentral..... the rules may state one thing as you think, but honestly, this is just making the contest a lot less fun and fair..... Sorry Josh, you tried, thank you for that at least.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It will all be good Josh is very good at running a forum check out his other forum tortoiseforum.org and see how well it runs

tdharris70

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Unfortunately, it does take away from the fairness of the entire contest as the people simply registered to rack up votes for you, and haven't actually participated in the forum prior or been along for the ride since the beginning of the contest. You really need that $50 gift card that bad? It's just sad that this forum was up and growing (myself being a new member as well) and Josh started setting up new contests and fun things, and they have to come down to this.... like I said, unfortunately there will always be people like that who cause issues in forums, as there are in my fish forum reefcentral..... the rules may state one thing as you think, but honestly, this is just making the contest a lot less fun and fair..... Sorry Josh, you tried, thank you for that at least.

How does it take away from the fairness? You don't have that many friends willing to help well I am sorry for that. And no I really don't need the gift card that bad. Man people really need to chill out I try to bring new people here to help the site and people get all deffensive. I thought that was what it was meant to be to help GROW the site, and to get some more participation

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi tdharris70
I haven't weighed in until now, but I think you are taking the general comments incorrectly.
I think most people want to see more new users and more people participating on the site but they also wanted to see a contest as fair. If a contest is setup to bring "NEW" people to the site, it shoul donly be for "NEW" people. If a contest is setup for the enjoyment of the current members, then having people join just to vote isn't the proper way to "win" the contest.
Personally, I thought it was a very cool idea and I thank Josh for setting it up, but even if I did win (which i don't expect to) I couldn't use the prize anyway as I live in Canada. I hope people can over look what has been posted already and just have fun with this, there are a lot of cool pictures. Maybe the winner of the card could donate it a local reptile rescue of their choice.
Fliehigh

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi tdharris70
I haven't weighed in until now, but I think you are taking the general comments incorrectly.
I think most people want to see more new users and more people participating on the site but they also wanted to see a contest as fair. If a contest is setup to bring "NEW" people to the site, it shoul donly be for "NEW" people. If a contest is setup for the enjoyment of the current members, then having people join just to vote isn't the proper way to "win" the contest.
Personally, I thought it was a very cool idea and I thank Josh for setting it up, but even if I did win (which i don't expect to) I couldn't use the prize anyway as I live in Canada. I hope people can over look what has been posted already and just have fun with this, there are a lot of cool pictures. Maybe the winner of the card could donate it a local reptile rescue of their choice.
Fliehigh

Great post....Now lets all get along or I will send you to your rooms;)

LilytheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
how come it wont let me vote for more than one?.. you vote from this thread right?

ps. everyone vote for J its the cutest story behind that picture:)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is the voting thread. You should be able to choose up to 3

LilytheBeardie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hmmm, yea I figured, but now I am trying to choose two more pictures to vote for and it won't let me for some reason. It was fine when I voted a few days ago on just one picture. Myabe it's because I already chose one and now it shows me the results so it won't let me chose any more... it's okay if it won't let me, I just wanted to cast a few more votes. What should I be clicking on? sorry for the silly question lol

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It got a little heated on hear for sec, fun contest. Thanx, Josh. Can't wait for the next 1.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats to our winner, TDHarris70! I will send you a private message so I can arrange to send you your PRIZE!
If you have any ideas on how to improve this contest, please don't hesitate to send me a private message with your suggestions. I'd like to have another contest in the next month or so. Bill & Karen have generously donated a beautiful prize for our next contest! Stay tuned!

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
L and N...but its deffinitely hard to chose, they are all so CUTE!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Spread the word... I think it's time we had another contest. What do you all think? :):)

Latest posts