• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Swollen finger

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you send me ones you recommend for examples.

Can you send me ones you recommend for examples.
Try amazon.com type in textured NON adhesive shelf liner see what you can find. I would recommend going to your local home improvement store and look - you can then feel the liner you don't want coarse to prevent abrasions or too smooth so he's slipping all over

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Try amazon.com type in textured NON adhesive shelf liner see what you can find. I would recommend going to your local home improvement store and look - you can then feel the liner you don't want coarse to prevent abrasions or too smooth so he's slipping all over
What one is better?

Attachments

• C28171E8-0326-4916-8E9E-72F3AACF2A95.png
    C28171E8-0326-4916-8E9E-72F3AACF2A95.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • FCE30868-1C40-49DE-8010-48B899330627.png
    FCE30868-1C40-49DE-8010-48B899330627.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure they both look good order both pick the one that is better and send the other one back

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had gotten a response about the swollen finger and this is what they had to say -- is the finger still swollen ?

I'm not sure, can you see under that toe if there's any small cut that might have allowed infection ? Other than that possibly just a bad sprain which might go away on it's own. If it doesn't get better it's best to see what a good reptile vet thinks.

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
I had gotten a response about the swollen finger and this is what they had to say -- is the finger still swollen ?

I'm not sure, can you see under that toe if there's any small cut that might have allowed infection ? Other than that possibly just a bad sprain which might go away on it's own. If it doesn't get better it's best to see what a good reptile vet thinks.
The finger is still swollen. He had his surgery yesterday and it went ok. They got out most of the abscess infection. They couldn’t get it all becouse it was sitting too close to his vertebrae and they didn’t want to risk hurting him. They looked at the toe and there is no sign of cut of fracture. They said that it could be the infection made its way into his blood and infected his toe. He is now on antibiotics and pain meds. They sent a culture of the abscess and I will figure out what it is soon!

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
The finger is still swollen. He had his surgery yesterday and it went ok. They got out most of the abscess infection. They couldn’t get it all becouse it was sitting too close to his vertebrae and they didn’t want to risk hurting him. They looked at the toe and there is no sign of cut or fracture. They said that it could be the infection made its way into his blood and infected his toe. He is now on antibiotics and pain meds. They sent a culture of the abscess and I will figure out what it is soon!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok good keep me posted on the toe and the abcess

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
Has the swelling gone down?
The swelling is going down slightly. Now I am really worried about him his rear leg has been swollen and it seems to not be getting better! He has been having more trouble walking then normal. He also is getting a dark beard randomly wich is not normal for him. The vet said that the leg is most likely swollen from the infection spreading. Now I am worried that it is gout because it is not getting better!

Attachments

• DFEF2906-1CB2-4578-9104-B892799406EB.jpeg
    DFEF2906-1CB2-4578-9104-B892799406EB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The swelling is going down slightly. Now I am really worried about him his rear leg has been swollen and it seems to not be getting better! He has been having more trouble walking then normal. He also is getting a dark beard randomly wich is not normal for him. The vet said that the leg is most likely swollen from the infection spreading. Now I am worried that it is gout because it is not getting better!
It's possible it's gout but to determine that a blood test would need to be done to test uric acid levels- and we have ruled out the temps and lighting- what is his staple feeder? Dubias are notorious for causing gout- you can start him on some black tart cherry juice to clean his kidneys out and I would get him tested for gout- do you have a reputable reptile vet?

AlexKinn

Hatchling Dragon
It's possible it's gout but to determine that a blood test would need to be done to test uric acid levels- and we have ruled out the temps and lighting- what is his staple feeder? Dubias are notorious for causing gout- you can start him on some black tart cherry juice to clean his kidneys out and I would get him tested for gout- do you have a reputable reptile vet?
His staple feeder is crickets. I scheduled another appointment with the vet. The culture results came back positive for bacteria and negative for fungus. Were can I find the juice?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His staple feeder is crickets. I scheduled another appointment with the vet. The culture results came back positive for bacteria and negative for fungus. Were can I find the juice?
Wal-Mart-

Latest posts