• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new bearded dragon

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
btw hes loving it and the screen netting and the side hole is cool and both night light side and the warm side right now heated are 83-85 on both sides his color got lighter and hes being a good boy

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i just added a real food dish upgraded my 50w basking to a 150w still gonna be a week or two until i can get the 10.0 uvb tube but it will be fine lol ill post some more pics in a little while gotta eat dinner

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
and the basking temp is 90 plus now its on the 90 on the tape gauge thing lol and its half colored so its probaly 90-95 basking temps maybe higher hes within 6 " the light thing say 107 within 6 " im just worried he will stay to long would he?

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
im getting a 10.0 uvb light today or tommorow im surprised my moms doing this then again i dont ask for anything and im doing things for the stuff but im going to convert the top of the cage to metal mesh if I cant figure a way out to heat it if im useing a 18 inch uvb will it be to hot to put on normal mesh?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im getting a 10.0 uvb light today or tommorow im surprised my moms doing this then again i dont ask for anything and im doing things for the stuff but im going to convert the top of the cage to metal mesh if I cant figure a way out to heat it if im useing a 18 inch uvb will it be to hot to put on normal mesh?
the uvb will not put out heat use a 60 wat bulb with a dome next to the uvb make sure he has somewhere to get away from the heat

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he started shedding on the tip of his face and you can see it kind getting loose on his head inbeetween his eyes, but now almost his whole tail is getting loose i was wondering if this is normal i thought they shed body first anyway i was wondering if it is humidty i got like a half inch tall maybe less its a small water bowl about a inch and a half wide i dont have a humid meter but i live in the high desert and its almost no humidty and i dont know how to raise it also ive been giving him a couple squirts of mist daily and im now soaking him with water 2 a week would it be better to give him a luke warm bath

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
im going to put sand in their calcium i dont know what brand it is ill tell you when i get it and upgrade the light to a 60 watt that puts out uva and then get the uvb bulb today

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ive also been trying to feed him the pellets till i get him collard greens but hes poopin to eating ratio is fine my parents are thinkin 10-15 crickets a day are to much but i have a little mooch i accidently put to many crickets in he started eating and eating and eating i got all of what was left out he had calcium that day to he had a big turd the next on his branch with some whit in it lol

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my babies eat 30 plus 3 times a day or as much as they can eat in 10 minutes 3 times a day

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well if im going to keep a excotic lizard mine as well do the requirements lol well i have the uvb bulb now a uva basking 50w and a night glo 50w will have pics soon too just worried about it getting to hot its right on top but therm thats about 6 inches from day light say 82 and at night like 80-82 but he gets within 4 inches maybe 3 but he seems fine tho and i did my research cause thats my personality i pick things apart and analyze to a exact almost

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i also put i thnk vita sand but from reviews online they said its non dusty and natural
it had barley any dust come up and its a nive deserty color it is calcium sand tho :)

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
vita sand/calci sand is very dangerous to bearded dragons.
Please do a search on Calcium sand and bearded dragons on google. It doesn't get digested but rather clumps in their intestines.

Latest posts