• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new bearded dragon

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
when should i put drago in a 50G
some people warn against putting a small dragon in a big tank because their eyesight isnt very good and if their crickets run to the other end of the tank, they cant see them. i dont have this problem because i stay with my guys and watch them eat. i keep mine in a 40 gallon. this works well because if you use a mercury vapor bulb (lights like a flood light) you can place the bulb about 12 to 13 inches above their basking spot to get a 105 to 120 basking temp (some adjustment is always needed) and the other end of the tank will be a nice cool side of 80 to 85 degrees. so its really up to you. if you dont have the time to wait and watch every feeding, then wait until he gets about 12 inches or so.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Guys, Im going to be posting some pics tommorow of the new cage I think its a 35-40 gal but Im getting it for 25 bucks with metal mesh lid, i might change uvb bulb this week or next week to the 10.0 but for now he seems to be digesting everything right other than that, Its going to be fun to set it up and everything anyone know where to get a cheap temp gun

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
25 bucks is a sweet deal for a 40 gallon tank, good find. Just make sure 2 clean & sanitize it. You can get temp guns at Lowes or Home Depot.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well i saw one professinal one the rest were out of stock i wanted to order one cuz the cheapest their was 40 anyway but yeah my mom works with her and my mom is her boss she owes my mom money anyway so im exicited i got him some smaller mealworms the pet store guy said their for treats i knew that but i made sure not to get him ones with shell but he loved them i have give him 2 within a week maybe a week and a half i might try and get together some more lights and stuff so then maybe when i can sex him i could get him a partner down the road, ive always loved reptiles ive always want to have parents a a couple of their offspring and let them all play together, sounds fun but expensive so i have to wait till christmas to get a sand fire to mix with boots anyway cuz i need breeder cages and 35-40 seprate tanks for each and another 20 gal for babies lol i love babies :)

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
25 bucks is a sweet deal for a 40 gallon tank, good find. Just make sure 2 clean & sanitize it. You can get temp guns at Lowes or Home Depot.

yea my freind has this green stuf cats and dogs can get direct contact with it i used it to clean boots cage when i had made it but i was wonder if its find with cats and dogs would it be fine as long as when im done cleaning to just make sure its rinsed completly

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
o yea really quick before i go to pet store he is really funny i want to post picks of his new ledge i love it he loves it he spends like a 1/4 his time over in the uvb area on the wooden ledge and well long story short his uvb is on his basking spot to he just converts over to the cool side during the day is that fine like he just started doing it a day or two after i put in 75 w bulb

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have a question I'm not going to have any crickets till Friday so I was wondering how many mealworms should I replace for it for a day or two

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mealworms are not recommended for any Beardy.
They are very low in nutritional value and difficult for Beardies to digest.
Try Silk or horn worms.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i was wondering he is still frantic is it because he is a baby hes 8" now exactly but tonight i held him and he jumped of me and onto the floor and tryed to escape lol but hes fine should i be worried?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i was wondering he is still frantic is it because he is a baby hes 8" now exactly but tonight i held him and he jumped of me and onto the floor and tryed to escape lol but hes fine should i be worried?
no, dont worry. each and every dragon has it's own personality. some are skittish some are not. at his age most are kind of antsy and i would be more worried if he wasnt trying to escape.once he's settled in a little longer, check back and we'll tell you how to safely take him outside. thats when the real fun begins.

Latest posts