• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’m new to this help please

Brian Lee Evans

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have had my bearded dragon for one month. When I got him the first person I spoke to said it was male. The person who finished my sale said they weren’t sure of the sex or age just that he was 2-3 months old. He used to constantly climb the glass when I first got him until I put some window cling on his terrarium. Today he only ate 5 crickets and he won’t eat everyday. Sometimes not even every other day but no longer than that. He seems a little smaller. When I try to take him out for cleaning or a bath he runs. Just recently he got defensive and jumped at my hand and tried to bite me. I snatched my hand away like a chicken but I eventually picked him up anyway. I have avoided picking him up since then its been a few days. Also he’s only shed one time since I had him. He sleeps a lot. Am I doing something wrong? Should I see growth in the time I’ve had him?

I have had my bearded dragon for one month. When I got him the first person I spoke to said it was male. The person who finished my sale said they weren’t sure of the sex or age just that he was 2-3 months old. He used to constantly climb the glass when I first got him until I put some window cling on his terrarium. Today he only ate 5 crickets and he won’t eat everyday. Sometimes not even every other day but no longer than that. He seems a little smaller. When I try to take him out for cleaning or a bath he runs. Just recently he got defensive and jumped at my hand and tried to bite me. I snatched my hand away like a chicken but I eventually picked him up anyway. I have avoided picking him up since then its been a few days. Also he’s only shed one time since I had him. He sleeps a lot. Am I doing something wrong? Should I see growth in the time I’ve had him?

Attachments

• 20201111_124502.jpg
    20201111_124502.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20201111_124454.jpg
    20201111_124454.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20191024_074730.jpg
    20191024_074730.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20190919_090000.jpg
    20190919_090000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 20200801_131430.jpg
    20200801_131430.jpg
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 4

Brian Lee Evans

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mine is a year and a half never gave him water only kale carrots crickets and super worms hes 16 inches now. he is in a 6ft aquarium. He basks and sleeps all day

tortadon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I think your over freaking. Rule of life Big eats little. Little lizard big person equals nervous little lizard. For that problem handle it more often let it hang with you on your shirt. Next the food thing. I suspect it is not warm enough. Buy A cheap 7 dollar infrared heat sensor and check the temp on the warm perch spots. At least one of them should be around A hundred degrees or more. These are cold blooded animals which means not enough heat for their body to digest and they will go off their food while slowly starving. If they have no way to get that basking heat they may eat but pass the food undigested.. still starving. Not A panic thing just make A perch closer to the bulb. They will move away when they are ready. Also A cool spot somewhere is needed
Since you did not ask about water they get most of their moisture from foods they eat so keep the veggies fresh and A little fruit for the moisture.
Mine like to go to the bathtube and swim. Always have an end for them to touch bottom and the other end by the drain will be A little deeper. As they grow they become great swimmers. My kids would race them in the pool and for A while the beardies gave them A swim for the money.
Hope this helps I have had them for over 25 years along with the kids and my wife. They are fun.

Thundercat

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Google it, it will show you how. Basically you would lift his tail from back. If you notice a bump on either side of tail, it's a boy. If there is only one in middle it's a girl. Also with feeders , try and mix it up, make sure they're getting their calcium powder. Make sure the temperature is correct for basking area. Get yourself a temperature gun so that you can scan the area they're basking on. If the temperature is not warm enough they won't eat. They need the correct temperature to digest their food. Also take him to doctor to make sure they don't have parasites, that can keep them from eating. Please use a tube uvb light for the length of cage so they can be anywhere in cage and get benefits of the light.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Post a pic of his but w/ tail in the air

Latest posts