• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I’m new to this help please

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That looks great and I think the holes are big enough to let enough uvb through. If not someone will correct me. Just make sure your beardie is within 6-8” of the light so he’s getting the required amount of uvb. But I must say he’s looking happier already

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is he’s being nicer also. I got him a new rock also to accommodate the light better. He’s eating veggies from my hand.

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
It doesn’t say on the box, it’s a 15 watt bulb. The highest point of his rock puts him about 8 inches away.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I see it says T8. Also to raise the temp on the basking side do I get a different bulb?
Basking bulbs are trial and error- start w/ a 100 watt make sure are you using a digital probe thermometer- the UVB fixture should have the clear plastic cover off and approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wondering if I have the temp probes in the right place...
The temp probes should be placed on the spot where he basks 10 minutes then get the temp- you don't need to leave it there just check it every so often

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
the guy in the pet store told me anything over 50 watts would burn him. That’s what came with the starter kit.

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I put it there, he seems a bit sluggish today. He didn’t want food earlier I’m going to try again.

Attachments

• 336D05ED-3908-4393-A01A-BC01F4D68949.jpeg
    336D05ED-3908-4393-A01A-BC01F4D68949.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the guy in the pet store told me anything over 50 watts would burn him. That’s what came with the starter kit.
What size tank ? And if you take the probe and put it where he sits for basking it will tell you if the temp is high enough -- his temps should be 105-110 for a baby

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
What size tank ? And if you take the probe and put it where he sits for basking it will tell you if the temp is high enough -- his temps should be 105-110 for a baby
10 gallon and my temps are a bit off. Is that why he’s not eating?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
10 gallon and my temps are a bit off. Is that why he’s not eating?
You need to start looking for another tank right now -- you would be better off having him in a 20 gallon plastic tote than the 10 gallon -- he is going to quickly out grow it --- yes if his temps are incorrect he will not eat so the 50 watt may or may not get temps to where they need to be --- tell me what they are and how your taking them --- NO stick ons --- UVB and basking temps are the two most important thing in the tank --- you can start looking for a tank on Craigslist or FB Marketplace --- look for a tank that is 75-120 gallon or even a 50 gallon -- you want one w/ front doors -- they are alot easier to have w/ a dragon --- if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ either one of these F 10 -- Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out --- hes going thru relocation stress so the eating is going to be slow but you want him eating something -- even a little but the temps must be there and UVB as well -- ok so for that T 8 take the screen off the tank and place the UVB width wise across the top --- set it on one end and then take the screen and place it up to the UVB --- take the basking bulb and place it next to it on the screen -- everything should be on one end get your basking decor piece approx 6-8 inches from the UVB

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can order some BSFL for him from here www.symptonbsf.com get him some medium size they are a great staple feeder do not dust them ---- the other insects your feeding are crickets correct? You need to dust them make sure they are small and not to big for him they need to be no bigger than the space between his eyes length wise do not leave them in the tank they will come out and bite -- dust the insects w/ calcium D3 5 x per week once per feeding -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding -- offer salads in the morning and use the BSFL as salad toppers you can get a bowl like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
add as many of the BSFL to the salad as you want add in front of him - you can also hand feed him those as well -- those will draw his attention

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you’re worried about his eating I suggest getting repta-boost. Fluckers has a really good one that I’ve used with some of my beardies to boost their nutrition. You would have to syringe feed it to him in small amount, because he’s so small may do a mL 3 times a day. You can also try getting some organic baby food, a good one to use with them is butternut squash and blend in some crickets for protein and a little bit of calcium or vitamin powder. Again syringe feed it to him in the same amount as the reptaboost to keep his strength up and hopefully you can get his back to eating normally again. If he’s still not eating properly/ at all soon your next step should be to take him to the vet.

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m worried about my little guy I checked the temps by putting the probe directly in the spots he stays in the longes for 10-15 minutes. Right under the light its 109. I’m checking the cool side now.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m worried about my little guy I checked the temps by putting the probe directly in the spots he stays in the longes for 10-15 minutes. Right under the light its 109. I’m checking the cool side now.
That's a good temp---is he basking?

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's a good temp---is he basking?
No he has been just laying flat in random spots. He looks like he has no energy but I can’t get him to eat. Its been 3 days since he took bugs. Only a few nibbles of greens I fed him.

Ninalftn

Bearded Dragon Egg
This all he does lately. He lost weight.

Attachments

• EE25B1EC-F3F0-4450-8807-1615FD790CB3.jpeg
    EE25B1EC-F3F0-4450-8807-1615FD790CB3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

Latest posts