• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried... (fell 2')

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
So since I've had Delilah she hasn't really warmed up to me much... I've still got her out of her enclosure even though she runs from me cause I've read thats how she will get used to me... We've had some good days when I got her out but the other day she jumped off my bed she was walking fine afterwards but I haven't really got her out since I haven't noticed anything off with her behavior... She's been eating fine and pooping fine... I got some nutri grub worms she's never had them before and idk if it's because of the worms or if it's from the fall it been about 4 days since the fall but it's like she walking in slow motion I e only seen her do it twice and she done a couple nose dives off her rock into the glass is she okay

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So since I've had Delilah she hasn't really warmed up to me much... I've still got her out of her enclosure even though she runs from me cause I've read thats how she will get used to me... We've had some good days when I got her out but the other day she jumped off my bed she was walking fine afterwards but I haven't really got her out since I haven't noticed anything off with her behavior... She's been eating fine and pooping fine... I got some nutri grub worms she's never had them before and idk if it's because of the worms or if it's from the fall it been about 4 days since the fall but it's like she walking in slow motion I e only seen her do it twice and she done a couple nose dives off her rock into the glass is she okay
How far did she fall and what did she land on? Carpet or hard flooring- get a video of her walking- record on youtube and post the link-- if shes eating and pooping etc shes not in distress - is her beard normal coloring?

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
How far did she fall and what did she land on? Carpet or hard flooring- get a video of her walking- record on youtube and post the link-- if shes eating and pooping etc shes not in distress - is her beard normal coloring?
About 2 feet and just landed on concrete my rooms in the basement looks normal to me her beard

Attachments

• 17143353083721334586343832475272.jpg
    17143353083721334586343832475272.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
About 2 feet and just landed on concrete my rooms in the basement looks normal to me her beard
Ok please no more out for her --- babies have a tendency to jump off of everything - she looks ok which is good but concrete is not good for them to land on -- she is really young and I dont want anything to happen to her so please handle her in the tank only for now -- get her hand tamed w/ some worms like BSFL or small super worms or small horn worms or even silk worms which are a staple feeder -- she needs to adjust to her tank and surroundings - no black beard it looks normal -- I cant tell from the video of her walking but she looks ok - is she limping that you can see ?

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please no more out for her --- babies have a tendency to jump off of everything - she looks ok which is good but concrete is not good for them to land on -- she is really young and I dont want anything to happen to her so please handle her in the tank only for now -- get her hand tamed w/ some worms like BSFL or small super worms or small horn worms or even silk worms which are a staple feeder -- she needs to adjust to her tank and surroundings - no black beard it looks normal -- I cant tell from the video of her walking but she looks ok - is she limping that you can see ?
No she walking fine I won't get her out anymore until I think she not gonna jump out of my hands I am getting a outside playpen for reptile though so that will help

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No she walking fine I won't get her out anymore until I think she not gonna jump out of my hands I am getting a outside playpen for reptile though so that will help
Anytime your carrying her around please place your hand over her back - mine are adults and anytime I walk w/ them I have them on my chest and hand placed over their backs - little ones tend to jump more than adults but its always better to be safe - for some reason they think they are superman and can fly :) yes the outdoor playpen will be nice

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Anytime your carrying her around please place your hand over her back - mine are adults and anytime I walk w/ them I have them on my chest and hand placed over their backs - little ones tend to jump more than adults but its always better to be safe - for some reason they think they are superman and can fly :) yes the outdoor playpen will b

Delilah-mybeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for all the advice I appreciate it really I get worried when holding her that I may hold her to tigh... But I think she may be a he

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for all the advice I appreciate it really I get worried when holding her that I may hold her to tigh... But I think she may be a he
We can sex him / her when he/ she is about 6 months of age

Latest posts