• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weight

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
Hey so my beardie is about 2 1/2 ish months old and I wanted to make sure he was a good weight he is 55 grams and I saw the recommend is 20 to 30 grams is that okay or should I correct his diet he eats about 10/15 dubias 2 times a day as well as mustard greens and bell peppers the bell peppers are only abt 3 Times a week

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey so my beardie is about 2 1/2 ish months old and I wanted to make sure he was a good weight he is 55 grams and I saw the recommend is 20 to 30 grams is that okay or should I correct his diet he eats about 10/15 dubias 2 times a day as well as mustard greens and bell peppers the bell peppers are only abt 3 Times a week
Sounds about right -- dragons do grow at different rates --

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds about right -- dragons do grow at different rates --
Oh okay good he just a chonky boy hopefully he will grow into it lol also I did notice he has a bit of pink urate it’s like very light in color any reason why it could it just be the veggies or something

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh okay good he just a chonky boy hopefully he will grow into it lol also I did notice he has a bit of pink urate it’s like very light in color any reason why it could it just be the veggies or something
What are you feeding for supplements and anything red like red peppers or strawberries that may give the pinkish tone?

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
What are you feeding for supplements and anything red like red peppers or strawberries that may give the pinkish tone?
Mmm the only thing I could think of is the bell peppers he’s eating orange ones rn I just switched from yellows I’m gonna stop those for a bit see if it does anything and his supplements are just regular calcium powder dusted in his bugs and then I do d3 twice a month

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mmm the only thing I could think of is the bell peppers he’s eating orange ones rn I just switched from yellows I’m gonna stop those for a bit see if it does anything and his supplements are just regular calcium powder dusted in his bugs and then I do d3 twice a month
Please start dusting the D3 5 x per week lightly coated on his insects-- ONCE per feeding --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- he is very young he needs the D3 make sure your using a long tube fixture for a UVB or he will not be able to utilize the calcium--- coils are inadequate for a UVB -- if you need help w/ this please ask I will post links for some good UVB's --

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
Please start dusting the D3 5 x per week lightly coated on his insects-- ONCE per feeding --- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- he is very young he needs the D3 make sure your using a long tube fixture for a UVB or he will not be able to utilize the calcium--- coils are inadequate for a UVB -- if you need help w/ this please ask I will post links for some good UVB's --
I definitely have the right uvb and I will start dusting as you instructed

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon

Attachments

• 6ED0F283-AE44-4FC5-8901-85A3C9B879F2.png
    6ED0F283-AE44-4FC5-8901-85A3C9B879F2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you using for a UVB? Brand and bulb please-- and the calcium your using ?

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
ok those are good --- where do you have the UVB placed? top of screen or inside the tank? Your screen is going to determine where the UVB needs to be placed and distanced-- is the screen a fine mesh or a wide hole type?
It’s on top but it’s a fine mesh he’s pretty small rn but I will be moving him to a 4x2x2 as soon as I have the money I’ve been slowly buying Decor for it and when I do I will mount the uvb inside

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s on top but it’s a fine mesh he’s pretty small rn but I will be moving him to a 4x2x2 as soon as I have the money I’ve been slowly buying Decor for it and when I do I will mount the uvb inside
He wont be getting enough UVB w/ it on top of the screen - please unobstruct the UVB either by taking the screen off or placing inside now - you can also place the UVB width wise across the tank on one end or center of the tank as long as its opened - basking decor needs to be directly under it 12-15 inches --- he wont be able to utilize the calcium D3 hes ingesting w/ the UVB being blocked - screen block approx 30% of the rays -- have you figured out what 120 gallon tank you are getting? There are several websites I can post for them if you like

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
I was going to get the zoo med one the glass one but I’m having doubts because of the reflection and I will start leaving it off then I will have the one side covered though because of the basking bulb

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
I was going to get the zoo med one the glass one but I’m having doubts because of the reflection and I will start leaving it off then I will have the one side covered though because of the basking bulb
But yes I would greatly appreciate the websites

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
But yes I would greatly appreciate the websites
Ok you were going to get the Zoo Med tank? Here are some websites for tanks
https://dubiaroaches.com/products/4-x2-x2-pvc-reptile-enclosure
https://www.zenhabitats.com/products/zen-habitat-w-wood-panels
https://www.diycages.com/products/c...24-pvc-board-critter-condo-with-t5ho-lighting
https://carolinadesignerdragons.com/ these are all glass and very heavy- I dont like the way they have the UVB and basking bulb connected together - If you have a heat issue being too hot or not enough you can adjust to move the basking bulb -- glass is also hard to keep heat in as well or I should say harder
https://apcages.com/collections/terrestrial-cages/products/t12-48l-x-24w-x-24h
Make sure you read all the descriptions for the tanks -- alot of people have the Zens -
https://symtonbsf.com/collections/home-page-showcase/products/4-x2-x2-aluminum-reptile-enclosure
some have ordered from dubiasroaches and symton as well --

Latest posts