• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Substrate for juvenile beardie

Pancake2024

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, we have a wonderful little dragon and will be soon upgrading to larger habitat. Right now Waffles is in a 10 gallon with paper towels on bottom. I would like to use a more natural substrate...any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Attachments

• 20240521_075211.jpg
    20240521_075211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240520_174625.jpg
    20240520_174625.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all, we have a wonderful little dragon and will be soon upgrading to larger habitat. Right now Waffles is in a 10 gallon with paper towels on bottom. I would like to use a more natural substrate...any suggestions would be so appreciated!!
What size tank are you upgrading to? Did you want to go bioactive?

Pancake2024

Bearded Dragon Egg
50 gallon... I use the sahara substrate for our leopard gecko I was told
to wait since juvies tend to eat stuff(?) I'd love to get his environment more enriched. He does come out often to explore and climb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
50 gallon... I use the sahara substrate for our leopard gecko I was told
to wait since juvies tend to eat stuff(?) I'd love to get his environment more enriched. He does come out often to explore and climb
I would go w/ a 120 gallon - hes going to need that size as an adult - I put my 3 month old in a 120 gallon tank - I can post websites for tanks if you like - check out the biodudes website for a more natural enviroment

Pancake2024

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would go w/ a 120 gallon - hes going to need that size as an adult - I put my 3 month old in a 120 gallon tank - I can post websites for tanks if you like - check out the biodudes website for a more natural enviroment

Pancake2024

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would love a 120 but my idiot apartment doesn't allow anything that large. I've already been in trouble for pet violations. Grrrrr. I love the biodude that's the substrate I use now for my leo. They said paper towels as opposed to the yucky carpet. Any suggestions for a little guy?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would love a 120 but my idiot apartment doesn't allow anything that large. I've already been in trouble for pet violations. Grrrrr. I love the biodude that's the substrate I use now for my leo. They said paper towels as opposed to the yucky carpet. Any suggestions for a little guy?
Textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank -clean w/a vinegar and water