• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue Dragon needs help

Pharmer

Bearded Dragon Egg
We adopted a beardie without realizing that he was not doing very well. He is a 3 yo male and weighs 365g. He has evidence of a past broken arm that healed with no attention. He was getting 3-5 ‘worms’ every other day. Had a heat lamp but no uv light.

His tank set up has been remedied, we have a vet appointment next week.

What weight should we aim for?

Any other suggestions?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How long is he? Weight is always proportional. You don’t want to see ribs but you don’t want a belly that touches the floor. I have a girl that is 658 grams that looks good but her brother at a close weight looks like a cow!

Pharmer

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is 18.5” long.

I hear about fat pads and I don’t think he has any?

I would normally do much more research before getting a new pet, but this fella needed a home.

Pharmer

Bearded Dragon Egg
This pic shows his wonky arm. The red light is leaving as soon as I can get to the local pet shop

Attachments

• 3AEE0922-A816-4C91-9745-F96B289E592A.jpeg
    3AEE0922-A816-4C91-9745-F96B289E592A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's hard to tell from this view. It looks like he does have some little fat pads on his head. I have a 4 year old that you can barely see her fat pads on her head but she has a real thick tail base (the other area where there are fat pads).

He could use a bit more weight. I'm just thinking about my 18.5" girl. She is 514g.