• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poop

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
Hey so embers poop was runny today like there is a pile and then a puddle of brown fluid. He sometimes poops in piles and then other times it’s normal whole turds his urate is Orange as well he did get fed a lot of silkworms so that may have caused the runny but he frequently drinks water so idk abt the orange urate??? But should I be worried?
Also sorry for the gross pic
image.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey so embers poop was runny today like there is a pile and then a puddle of brown fluid. He sometimes poops in piles and then other times it’s normal whole turds his urate is Orange as well he did get fed a lot of silkworms so that may have caused the runny but he frequently drinks water so idk abt the orange urate??? But should I be worried?
Also sorry for the gross pic View attachment 34387
No its fine just make sure your surface basking temps are 95-100 for a 6 month old and older dragon-- silk worms have a lot of moisture so the combo of water and silk could be causing the runny poop --- is the silk worms fed all the time or not?

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
No its fine just make sure your surface basking temps are 95-100 for a 6 month old and older dragon-- silk worms have a lot of moisture so the combo of water and silk could be causing the runny poop --- is the silk worms fed all the time or not?
No I got some silkies from a reptile show and was excited to try feeding them to him and he was enjoying it so I may have let him over indulge because they were small he ate like 5… and his basking temp stay abt a 97 I was gonna work on raising it a bit by adding another rock to his basking spot

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No I got some silkies from a reptile show and was excited to try feeding them to him and he was enjoying it so I may have let him over indulge because they were small he ate like 5… and his basking temp stay abt a 97 I was gonna work on raising it a bit by adding another rock to his basking spot
Ok make sure your getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer - you can get silk worms on line
www.reptilainarts.com
the small 5 are fine - silk worms are a good staple feeder - just watch his poops and see if they straighten back out - the extra water is good just means hes hydrated