• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not sure what to do

feelinfroggy86

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, my girl, Trixie, had pinworms. I've given both treatments and she is still cage surfing and is pooping everyday. There is a bunch of clear liquid accompanied by her diarrhea. She is losing weight quickly. I am supplement feeding her critical care. Her vet won't see her. Had me make an appointment with a vet an hour away. The soonest I can get in is the 17th of this month. I'm giving her 20-30 minute soaks every other day. What else should i be doing, if anything?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, my girl, Trixie, had pinworms. I've given both treatments and she is still cage surfing and is pooping everyday. There is a bunch of clear liquid accompanied by her diarrhea. She is losing weight quickly. I am supplement feeding her critical care. Her vet won't see her. Had me make an appointment with a vet an hour away. The soonest I can get in is the 17th of this month. I'm giving her 20-30 minute soaks every other day. What else should i be doing, if anything?
Why are you giving so many baths? Is she off the meds and what was she given? Please go over your surface basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate - uvb are you using a coil or long tube fixture--

feelinfroggy86

Bearded Dragon Egg
Why are you giving so many baths? Is she off the meds and what was she given? Please go over your surface basking temps and how are you taking them? No stick ons they are inaccurate - uvb are you using a coil or long tube fixture--
The vet told me to give her so many baths. She is off of the meds now. I believe it was pyrantel but not positive. Yellow liquid, given for 3 days and then given again 2 weeks later for 3 days. All temps are good. I don't use the stick ons and I use the long tube uvb inside her tank. How much critical care should she be getting in a day when I am force feeding her? The vet never gives me an answer. I'm hoping this vet in Indianapolis will be better.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The vet told me to give her so many baths. She is off of the meds now. I believe it was pyrantel but not positive. Yellow liquid, given for 3 days and then given again 2 weeks later for 3 days. All temps are good. I don't use the stick ons and I use the long tube uvb inside her tank. How much critical care should she be getting in a day when I am force feeding her? The vet never gives me an answer. I'm hoping this vet in Indianapolis will be better.
Ok surface basking temps should be 95-100 and your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8? this is all crucial to her --- we need to make sure those are good and on par -- Has the fecal been retested to see if the pinworms are gone? If shes still losing weight there is something else going on-- I have never hard of the med given -- is Trixie drinking from the bath when you bathe her? And did you find the vet in Indianapolis off this site www.arav.org? I am gonna have Tracie look at your post
@Drache613

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tracie is gonna look at your post tonite

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is Trixie doing now, since she has been off the meds? Did they do a re-test on the fecal, to be sure
she was all clear? You are referring to Pyrantel pamoate which is a fairly routinely used dewormer. It
should be safe & effective. Do you know the dose she was given & the strength of the solution or the
percentage of it?
Did you use any probiotics during her medication round or afterwards to help boost her immune system?
Be sure to keep her warm overnight right now, to help out her system. We recommend around 75-80F
overnight using a ceramic heat emitter to help.

Tracie

feelinfroggy86

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

How is Trixie doing now, since she has been off the meds? Did they do a re-test on the fecal, to be sure
she was all clear? You are referring to Pyrantel pamoate which is a fairly routinely used dewormer. It
should be safe & effective. Do you know the dose she was given & the strength of the solution or the
percentage of it?
Did you use any probiotics during her medication round or afterwards to help boost her immune system?
Be sure to keep her warm overnight right now, to help out her system. We recommend around 75-80F
overnight using a ceramic heat emitter to help.

Tracie
Just got back from the Indianapolis vet. She has reproductive disease. She needs spay. The worms are gone. The fecal was clear. It is going to cost me $1000 to have her spay. I'm on disability and bring home $1010 a month. She is worth it though. They are putting together an estimate for me and then I will schedule the spay. Her calcium was slightly elevated 1.62 and they said they like them around 1.4 or something like that but it is due to the reproductive disease. The spay will fix it. Thank you so much for all the help and for checking up on her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just got back from the Indianapolis vet. She has reproductive disease. She needs spay. The worms are gone. The fecal was clear. It is going to cost me $1000 to have her spay. I'm on disability and bring home $1010 a month. She is worth it though. They are putting together an estimate for me and then I will schedule the spay. Her calcium was slightly elevated 1.62 and they said they like them around 1.4 or something like that but it is due to the reproductive disease. The spay will fix it. Thank you so much for all the help and for checking up on her
Thanks for the update --

feelinfroggy86

Bearded Dragon Egg
An update on Trixie. She was spayed yesterday. It was definitely follicular stasis. She was in quite a bit of pain last night and couldn't get comfortable to sleep. She ended up falling asleep with me on the couch. We slept together until about 11. She has eaten this morning and is still in pain but doing better. She is putting her belly on the ground now. She is doing really good. Thank you for all of your wonderful advice and help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
An update on Trixie. She was spayed yesterday. It was definitely follicular stasis. She was in quite a bit of pain last night and couldn't get comfortable to sleep. She ended up falling asleep with me on the couch. We slept together until about 11. She has eaten this morning and is still in pain but doing better. She is putting her belly on the ground now. She is doing really good. Thank you for all of your wonderful advice and help.
Thank you for the update -- please keep us posted on her recovery