• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not pooping

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone!

Ok so Pancake id about 9-12 months old and has recently seen vet for pin worms and coccidia (if spelled right) he was on panacur 5 days repeat 5 days in 2 weeks and Albon for 7 days. He has not pooped since Tuesday last week. His uvb light seemed to dim which is replaced now and his energy levels came back up but appetite still on the lower side for him. Im just wondering if this is normal at all for being on these meds. Also want to state that he gets really stressed out when given his meds we wrap him in a towel to try and limit the stress and we just wait for him to bite so we can put meds in his mouth.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone!

Ok so Pancake id about 9-12 months old and has recently seen vet for pin worms and coccidia (if spelled right) he was on panacur 5 days repeat 5 days in 2 weeks and Albon for 7 days. He has not pooped since Tuesday last week. His uvb light seemed to dim which is replaced now and his energy levels came back up but appetite still on the lower side for him. Im just wondering if this is normal at all for being on these meds. Also want to state that he gets really stressed out when given his meds we wrap him in a towel to try and limit the stress and we just wait for him to bite so we can put meds in his mouth.
Medication will make them not poop -- first is he eating? Next please keep him well hydrated meds dry them out- that will push things along- the UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture -- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB's placement and distance is extremely important -

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
Medication will make them not poop -- first is he eating? Next please keep him well hydrated meds dry them out- that will push things along- the UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture -- surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB's placement and distance is extremely important -
His uvb is a reptisun t5 10.0 mounted to inside top of tank, basking is 93 and cool is 80.5 the distance from uvb is 12 inches from his basking rock, he also has hammock where he can get closer. I am misting him everyday he has a large pool of water in his tank and I mist his veggies with water everyday. He seems to only be interested in horn worms right now, but is active and does not seem to be in discomfort and is not having issues walking or climbing. I have increased his heating pad temp to keep it on instead of it turning off once it hits 80 to help with digestion since he only wants the big horn worms.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
His uvb is a reptisun t5 10.0 mounted to inside top of tank, basking is 93 and cool is 80.5 the distance from uvb is 12 inches from his basking rock, he also has hammock where he can get closer. I am misting him everyday he has a large pool of water in his tank and I mist his veggies with water everyday. He seems to only be interested in horn worms right now, but is active and does not seem to be in discomfort and is not having issues walking or climbing. I have increased his heating pad temp to keep it on instead of it turning off once it hits 80 to help with digestion since he only wants the big horn worms.
we have also tried warm baths but he never liked baths. I will try again tomorrow.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are you using a basking lamp? Temps should be 95-100 to start digestion and a solid clear bright white basking bulb should be used for UVA-- your UVB is good just remember to change the bulb out in approx 10-11 months - heating pads are not recommended - the 80 degree temp is on the cool side? Heating pads are good if the dragon is sick and you need the ambient temp in the tank at night around 80- other wise for extra heat in the winter a CHE is recommended that can be placed on top of the screen middle of the tank w/ temps around 65-75 if your tank is dropping below that 65 degree temp - dragons heat from their backs not stomachs -- the hornworms are a treat worm and a hydrating worm- I would keep offering him his salads / main staple insect- so your good w/ the hydration part -- but I would work on getting the surface basking temp up to 95-100 please use a digital probe thermometer -- the stick ons are only giving ambient temps especially on hammocks if that is his basking spot --

conroy15

Bearded Dragon Egg
we have also tried warm baths but he never liked baths. I will try again tomorrow.
if you can see in the picture his heat basking area is a log hide away at far side and yes he has a basking bulb with uva. In the picture you can see he has a basking rock under the uvb his hammock is where he prefers to sleep on cool side. Cool is normally 77-80 and never goes above that even with heat pad. I use a prob thermometer which is hitting 101 on basking log. The temp I gave earlier was bc it had not fully warmed up from over night. Night temps are around 70ish even with a black ceramic heat bulb and the heat pad on. I cover the top of his tank screen already. Without the heat pad on bottom of tank his tank would not reach proper temperature even with covering the tank and all the proper heat/lighting. He pancakes out on the floor of tank where heat pad is often so I am guessing he absorbs some heat there.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if you can see in the picture his heat basking area is a log hide away at far side and yes he has a basking bulb with uva. In the picture you can see he has a basking rock under the uvb his hammock is where he prefers to sleep on cool side. Cool is normally 77-80 and never goes above that even with heat pad. I use a prob thermometer which is hitting 101 on basking log. The temp I gave earlier was bc it had not fully warmed up from over night. Night temps are around 70ish even with a black ceramic heat bulb and the heat pad on. I cover the top of his tank screen already. Without the heat pad on bottom of tank his tank would not reach proper temperature even with covering the tank and all the proper heat/lighting. He pancakes out on the floor of tank where heat pad is often so I am guessing he absorbs some heat there.
With all that up to par then I would say its the meds and his age - dragons tend to slow down as they get older w/ the pooping - hes gonna poop out what he puts in - just give him time --

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
ur enclosure is so pretty