• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal poop?

Lstan29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all…. Six weeks ago I adopted an almost 2 year old male Bearded Dragon. Every poo that he has always looks this way. The girl I adopted from said he was recently checked for parasites and was negative. I upgraded his uvb to the Arcadia 12%, he has 100W heat bulb and I believe his temps are all good in the enclosure. He has consistently had a black beard as well. I have asked my local reptile store about this, they think maybe he’s seeing his reflection and that I should hang a towel over his enclosure…? I have not done this because he came with his original enclosure so I don’t think this is the issue… maybe he’s still stressed from the move? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 7761FCBF-B684-44A4-AAD7-BBC135CB611A.jpeg
    7761FCBF-B684-44A4-AAD7-BBC135CB611A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all…. Six weeks ago I adopted an almost 2 year old male Bearded Dragon. Every poo that he has always looks this way. The girl I adopted from said he was recently checked for parasites and was negative. I upgraded his uvb to the Arcadia 12%, he has 100W heat bulb and I believe his temps are all good in the enclosure. He has consistently had a black beard as well. I have asked my local reptile store about this, they think maybe he’s seeing his reflection and that I should hang a towel over his enclosure…? I have not done this because he came with his original enclosure so I don’t think this is the issue… maybe he’s still stressed from the move? Any advice would be greatly appreciated
The poop looks good could be al little more formed -- good hydration going --- the black beard is not from the move - he would have stress marks on his stomach and yes the move is going to cause relocation stress - will effect his eating - if he completely quits eating there is a issue - please get surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - this could be the cause of the runny poop -- can he see his reflection in the glass? Please make sure the UVB is in the tank for a fine screen mesh and it should be directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches

Lstan29

Bearded Dragon Egg
The poop looks good could be al little more formed -- good hydration going --- the black beard is not from the move - he would have stress marks on his stomach and yes the move is going to cause relocation stress - will effect his eating - if he completely quits eating there is a issue - please get surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - this could be the cause of the runny poop -- can he see his reflection in the glass? Please make sure the UVB is in the tank for a fine screen mesh and it should be directly over the basking decor 12-1

Lstan29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. I don’t think he can see his reflection, only the front doors are glass then rest of the enclosure is wooden (from zen habitat). I do have his uvb mounted on the inside of the enclosure, and the temps are good. Could he be overly hydrated? He’s in shed too so I’ve been letting him bath a few times a week.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. I don’t think he can see his reflection, only the front doors are glass then rest of the enclosure is wooden (from zen habitat). I do have his uvb mounted on the inside of the enclosure, and the temps are good. Could he be overly hydrated? He’s in shed too so I’ve been letting him bath a few times a week.
Ok lay off the baths you will dry his scales out- the extra water is good he will just poop it out- when his shed becomes dry and crackly take and spray him then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose shed it will come off

Lstan29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok lay off the baths you will dry his scales out- the extra water is good he will just poop it out- when his shed becomes dry and crackly take and spray him then take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush the loose shed it will come off
Ok thank you!! Will do!