• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help w/lights

Oppossum

Bearded Dragon Egg
I need some help figuring out what size UVB bulb and hood I need for a baby bearded dragon's enclosure. I'm trying to do as much research as I can way ahead of time before I get one. Also if I can get advice on the placement of the lights, it's going to be a 40 gallon at first for the baby.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I need some help figuring out what size UVB bulb and hood I need for a baby bearded dragon's enclosure. I'm trying to do as much research as I can way ahead of time before I get one. Also if I can get advice on the placement of the lights, it's going to be a 40 gallon at first for the baby.
The 40 is good for a baby but by the time hes a year or so your going to want to upgrade to a 120 gallon -- I can provide websites when you are ready for now your UVB should be a 24" fixture which will go right into a 120 gallon tank placement for a 40 gallon can be on top of the screen but that is determined by the mesh on the screen -- fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be unobstructed or inside the tank -- wide hole it can sit on top and the distances are different as well w/ the placement - there are 3 good UVB's recommended need links please ask - not all UVB's are good ones -- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO off white NO colored NO yellowish and NO daytime bulbs please -- please get two digital probe thermometers for temps - use one for your surface basking temps 105-110 for a dragon up to 6 months old- after that temps should be 95-100 -- cool side of the tank 80ish-

Oppossum

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 40 is good for a baby but by the time hes a year or so your going to want to upgrade to a 120 gallon -- I can provide websites when you are ready for now your UVB should be a 24" fixture which will go right into a 120 gallon tank placement for a 40 gallon can be on top of the screen but that is determined by the mesh on the screen -- fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be unobstructed or inside the tank -- wide hole it can sit on top and the distances are different as well w/ the placement - there are 3 good UVB's recommended need links please ask - not all UVB's are good ones -- a good solid clear bright white basking bulb -- NO off white NO colored NO yellowish and NO daytime bulbs please -- please get two digital probe thermometers for temps - use one for your surface basking temps 105-110 for a dragon up to 6 months old- after that temps should be 95-100 -- cool side of the tank 80ish-
Okay thank you, that helped alot and if possible I would like those links just so I can have them and look at them. And again thank you for your reply it helped alot.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay thank you, that helped alot and if possible I would like those links just so I can have them and look at them. And again thank you for your reply it helped alot.
this one can be found at PetSmart
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500202&fmethod=Browse
this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want the 10.0 bulb I will post link
https://petmountain.com/products/zo...-output-terrarium-hood?variant=47087153742100
22" bulb https://petmountain.com/products/zo...utput-fluorescent-bulb?variant=47087156658452
or this one you want a 24" or 2 Ft please change the bulb out to the Reptisun I posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
Please let me know when you get the UVB I will help you get it placed and distanced for your tank