• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my bearded dragon swallowed a rock

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
my adult bearded dragon swallowed a rock about the size of blueberry or a little bit bigger. im 90% sure she did swallow it because by the time i was able to put my finger in her mouth it was already too late and the rock wasn’t in her mouth no more unless she spit it out which i doubt it. will she be able to poop it out? what can i do to help her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my adult bearded dragon swallowed a rock about the size of blueberry or a little bit bigger. im 90% sure she did swallow it because by the time i was able to put my finger in her mouth it was already too late and the rock wasn’t in her mouth no more unless she spit it out which i doubt it. will she be able to poop it out? what can i do to help her
I am not sure about rocks let's get the vet tech on this board to address this - has she black bearded?

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not sure about rocks let's get the vet tech on this board to address this - has she black bearded?
no she hasn’t , if anything she’s been super active since yesterday. she seems fine but only pooped once yesterday. As of today she hasn’t not pooped. this accident happened two days ago. what can i feed her? or what do i do?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no she hasn’t , if anything she’s been super active since yesterday. she seems fine but only pooped once yesterday. As of today she hasn’t not pooped. this accident happened two days ago. what can i feed her? or what do i do?
Did she poop before the rock incident or after? I am worried her being impacted that's why I wanted Tracie to advise on this- there is things you can feed her to make her poop-

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
Did she poop before the rock incident or after? I am worried her being impacted that's why I wanted Tracie to advise on this- there is things you can feed her to make her poop-
she pooped after like the next day after the incident. i’ve been giving her warm baths so she can maybe poop it out. she pooped today but no sign of the rock.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she pooped after like the next day after the incident. i’ve been giving her warm baths so she can maybe poop it out. she pooped today but no sign of the rock.
Ok good to know- I think I would get her in for a X-ray see where it's at- www.arav.org see if you can find a vet in your area- if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code to find the closest vet

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
is there anything
Ok good to know- I think I would get her in for a X-ray see where it's at- www.arav.org see if you can find a vet in your area- if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code to find the closest

Ok good to know- I think I would get her in for a X-ray see where it's at- www.arav.org see if you can find a vet in your area- if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code to find the closest vet
is there anything else i can do for her . my lizard seems fine and i don’t want to rush her for an x ray since money is tight.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is there anything

is there anything else i can do for her . my lizard seems fine and i don’t want to rush her for an x ray since money is tight.
I will flag Tracie again shes on late at night ---

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

That is a hard call. I have seen where they were able to successfully pass through a small rock or
pebble without any trouble. I have also seen where they had to have it surgically removed. If it is
as small as you say it was then it should be able to be passed through.
You can give soft foods such as canned pumpkin, squash or sweet potato mixed with sugar free apple
sauce & a few drops of coconut or olive oil to help increase the fiber in the GI tract. Usually this helps
things move through better.
Let us know how things are going! It's a good sign that she is still acting normal right now.

Tracie

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

That is a hard call. I have seen where they were able to successfully pass through a small rock or
pebble without any trouble. I have also seen where they had to have it surgically removed. If it is
as small as you say it was then it should be able to be passed through.
You can give soft foods such as canned pumpkin, squash or sweet potato mixed with sugar free apple
sauce & a few drops of coconut or olive oil to help increase the fiber in the GI tract. Usually this helps
things move through better.
Let us know how things are going! It's a good sign that she is still acting normal right now.

Tracie
Yes she’s been acting normal lately if anything she’s been more energetic. can i still feed her vegetables or should i give her soft foods like worms?i’ve given her pumpkin pure and olive oil. ive also been giving her warm baths to help her poop more.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

You can give some veggies & some softer worms, no problem at all. When she is in her bath, maybe
encourage her to swim around a little bit for some exercise. That may help to promote the GI tract to
move things through more.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

You can give some veggies & some softer worms, no problem at all. When she is in her bath, maybe
encourage her to swim around a little bit for some exercise. That may help to promote the GI tract to
move things through more.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie
She’s been very active today, i noticed when she was in her enclosure she seemed to hiccup. that’s what it looked like to me. From what i heard bearded dragons don’t hiccup. should i be concerned?

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

They don't really hiccup but can appear to hiccup or burp by forcing air out of their mouth or beard.
Is her beard dark?
It is a good sign that she is very active. Be sure that she basks for a good portion of the day in order to help her digest properly so she can hopefully pass the rock through!

Tracie

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

They don't really hiccup but can appear to hiccup or burp by forcing air out of their mouth or beard.
Is her beard dark?
It is a good sign that she is very active. Be sure that she basks for a good portion of the day in order to help her digest properly so she can hopefully pass the rock through!

Tracie
okay it’s probably that. And no her beard isn’t dark. i’ve been letting her free roam a lot lately , i’ll make sure she basks a bit more than usual now. Today she seemed normal and active. she was banging on her glass door to get out because she likes to free roam around the house unfortunately i didn’t have time to take her out today. but yes she seems fine and active and her beard is not black.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How is she doing today? That's good her beard isn't dark, hopefully she isn't stressed. It doesn't
seem like she is in distress.
It sounds like she is feeling good & is active right now also. They do love to free roam, it's good
exercise for them!
I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Do you know whether or not she has passed the rock through
or have you noticed?

Keep us posted on her!
Tracie

Gael

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

How is she doing today? That's good her beard isn't dark, hopefully she isn't stressed. It doesn't
seem like she is in distress.
It sounds like she is feeling good & is active right now also. They do love to free roam, it's good
exercise for them!
I'm glad to hear she is doing well. Do you know whether or not she has passed the rock through
or have you noticed?

Keep us posted on her!
Tracie
hello tracie she’s been doing great. She’s been very active and always wants get out her cage. She’s been pooping regularly but i still haven’t seen any rock. i’m starting to think maybe she didn’t swallow the rock and maybe spit out the day of the incident because she seems fine and is still eating.