• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My bearded dragon has not shed for a while

Jw07

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 6 month old bearded dragon has not shed for at least a month, I’m starting to get a bit conscious/ worried that he isn’t healthy although he is active and likes running around outside his vivarium. Does anyone have any idea as to why he isn’t shedding?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 6 month old bearded dragon has not shed for at least a month, I’m starting to get a bit conscious/ worried that he isn’t healthy although he is active and likes running around outside his vivarium. Does anyone have any idea as to why he isn’t shedding?
Dragons grow at their own rate --- as long as his surface basking temps are good and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and your using a good UVB NO coils and the UVB is properly placed for the screen on the tank and hes got a good healthy diet he should be growing - if you have questions about the lighting please ask - this is extremely important for the overall health of the dragon