• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a extra/pre-cautionary question as my house and family had fleas issues for a week or so, also occurred to my other pets(cat+2 dogs).

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
How do I clean a bearded dragon for fleas? I did research in light of our house having been treated for fleas within the past of couple of days, and researched whether beardies could get fleas and I found the answer to be yes(feel free to confirm if that is correct or not). Seriously though, it just to make sure he has no fleas, as I even got fleas and my mom did. Upstairs been treated today, downstairs been treated a day or 2 ago.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do I clean a bearded dragon for fleas? I did research in light of our house having been treated for fleas within the past of couple of days, and researched whether beardies could get fleas and I found the answer to be yes(feel free to confirm if that is correct or not). Seriously though, it just to make sure he has no fleas, as I even got fleas and my mom did. Upstairs been treated today, downstairs been treated a day or 2 ago.
I know they can get mites -- I am not sure about fleas - have you seen any fleas in the tank? Let me inquire to some who might know

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
I know they can get mites -- I am not sure about fleas - have you seen any fleas in the tank? Let me inquire to some who might know
haven't seen any in his tank but I just wanna be safe over sorry. I have even seen fleas on my legs and on my bathroom floor. I still have the bites on my legs too.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haven't seen any in his tank but I just wanna be safe over sorry. I have even seen fleas on my legs and on my bathroom floor. I still have the bites on my legs too.
Ok I have reached out to someone who might know

Mac32109

Hatchling Dragon
oh not sure how people confused fleas and mites with each other as I kept seeing sources say bearded dragons can get fleas.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh not sure how people confused fleas and mites with each other as I kept seeing sources say bearded dragons can get fleas.
As the article states fleas feed on warm blooded- but I would think they wouldn't get them -

Latest posts