• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Impaction

Anthonydragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, can you help me here?
My bearded dragon is 1 1/2 years old (male). He often had an impaction, but this has been the longest he has gone without taking a poo. it has been 4 weeks and he has yet to poo. I am very worried and am a new beardie owner so I am not completely sure of what to do. I have given him baths and rubbed his belly however he hasn't gone yet. does anyone have any solutions, tips or general knowledge I could use?
Thanks, Anthony.

Attachments

• IMG_5158.JPG
    IMG_5158.JPG
    885.3 KB · Views: 11

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, to help with impaction you can give them warm baths and gently massage their stomach towards the vent. Also a bearded dragon that often has impaction isn't good and means you should probably change his diet, what are you feeding him?

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Make sure that he is staying hydrated all of the time. Give him baths a couple times a week, mist him directly, mist his vegetables, and also make sure he is consuming plenty of greens! Too many insects will block them. If their tank temps are too low or they aren’t getting enough IVB that can also cause digestion problems.

Anthonydragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, to help with impaction you can give them warm baths and gently massage their stomach towards the vent. Also a bearded dragon that often has impaction isn't good and means you should probably change his diet, what are you feeding him?
My dragon usually eats locusts about three to four times a week, and also eats dandelion greens, with the occasional waxworm. i sometimes feed him bell peppers too.

Anthonydragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks to everyone who replied! Jasper (My beardie) finally did it. i realised that the baths were actually too hot, which wouldve been uncomfortable for him. i did it again and it worked! ive also switched my substrate as it was sand before, but i realised it can cause serious impaction. i decided to go with paper until i find an alternative. Im also going to feed him more greens/veggies rather than locusts being his main source of food.
Thanks, Anthony.

Kenai

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m glad he went for you! As far as an alternative to sand substrate that is super easy to clean you could try tiles.

I use long ceramic tiles that we picked up from Lowe’s. It’s really easy to spot clean and we just remove them to wash during full tank cleanings. The ones I use are also slightly textured so Ozzy doesn’t slip around on them. :)

Attachments

• D4E8452A-539E-4464-A07C-38CA84516708.jpeg
    D4E8452A-539E-4464-A07C-38CA84516708.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts