• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I think my male is in need of 'some action'(lol).. Advice??

Carla0593

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello. Recently my bearded dragon keeps head bopping at pretty much anything he sees every 5 minutes or so and is always black. He's hardly ever head bopped before and he seemed happy. I gave him a bath earlier and as I walked into bathroom he saw himself in the mirror and he went skitso at it. Hes seems to be abit aggressive lately(head bopping and don't like me touching him anymore). He's 2 years old. Iv been told he is most probably in need of 'some action' and I have been thinking to let him have his way if it will make him happy by letting him breed with a female. But I don't want another lizard. Just looking for advice if I could put him up for stud? And does anyone know roughly how much I should charge? Hes very healthy and handsome little man.
Thanks

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like he's a studly dudley! lol. :p

He's probably in heat and he thinks the dragon in the mirror (Namely Him) is another dragon and he's showing 'him' who's the boss and is the dominate dragon.

Carla0593

Bearded Dragon Egg
Haha!!
Yeah you are right.. its hard trying to keep hold of them when they go off on one like that with out him hurting himself. :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking that you would have a tough time charging ANYTHING in the way of Stud Fees for an undocumented, unknown Hienz57 type BD.

Your BD will do just fine without "An Interlude" with a female. It would be just wrong to have it bred to a female, causing it to go through the Breeding & Laying process just because you are misreading it's actions & believe it to be a little 'Antsy', whether the eggs are incubated or not.

Your BD is acting like a Bearded Dragon, nothing more, that's what they do ;). Don't be confusing Human response & emotions with a BDs, like comparing an apple to an anvil ...