• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How much should a 2 month old eat?

tails21

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone

how much should a 2 month old eat he doesn’t seem interested in salads there offered everyday he wont eat it even when I put insects on top. He eats like 1 dubia a day is that enough?

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone

how much should a 2 month old eat he doesn’t seem interested in salads there offered everyday he wont eat it even when I put insects on top. He eats like 1 dubia a day is that enough?
Hes going thru relocation stress but he should be eating around 10-15 appropriate size roaches- have you tried BSFL on top of the salads? His main diet is protein now so salads should be offered to get him used to them as he will eventually end up w/ insects only 2-3 times per week when he turns a yr old - the surface basking temps and UVB must be spot on to get him adjusted to his tank and surroundings - surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 and UVB a long tube fixture example Zoo Med - Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb 24 watt or a Sunblaster Nano Tech w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1 per day is light. I'd feed him as much as he'll eat in a 5-10 min time then remove the rest