• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, need some help (weird poop)

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my bearded dragon has been running to a corner and running her head throughout the glass/ pacing in the tank. she also had a problem with pooping a week or two ago and to solve this problem I gave her a pumpkin puree mixed with olive oil and mineral oil and that seemed to do the trick, but today when she pooped it had this weird look to it. She has been eating fine as well. The tank is 50 gallons and her basking temp are 110F and the cool side is around 80F.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she has a t5 tube lamp i got it around 4 month ago
Where is the UVB? in tank or top of screen -- what is is diet --- lots of squash - cucumbers? anything that has a lot of water content will cause runny stools along w/ parasites - the oils could be still passing thru the system as well - watch next poop and see what it does - in the meantime your UVB should be properly placed and distanced for the tank / screen

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where is the UVB? in tank or top of screen -- what is is diet --- lots of squash - cucumbers? anything that has a lot of water content will cause runny stools along w/ parasites - the oils could be still passing thru the system as well - watch next poop and see what it does - in the meantime your UVB should be properly placed and distanced for the tank / screen
what about the surfing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what about the surfing
Lots of causes for glass surfing ---- they would need to be ruled out - one the tank is not big enough- recommended size for a full size dragon 120 gallon -- is it a female or male ? If female has she ever laid eggs? Surface basking temps UVB placement and ambient temps in the tank all can cause glass surfing-- its a guessing game and trying to solve the cause

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lots of causes for glass surfing ---- they would need to be ruled out - one the tank is not big enough- recommended size for a full size dragon 120 gallon -- is it a female or male ? If female has she ever laid eggs? Surface basking temps UVB placement and ambient temps in the tank all can cause glass surfing-- its a guessing game and trying to solve the cause
female, no she has never laid eggs i think ill upgrade the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
female, no she has never laid eggs i think ill upgrade the tank
Ok you can start there - if you need websites for tanks please ask I can post some for you-- in the mean time get her out for like 2 hours see what she does after putting her back in - is she glass surfing constantly or only after eating etc?