• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, need some help (weird poop)

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my bearded dragon has been running to a corner and running her head throughout the glass/ pacing in the tank. she also had a problem with pooping a week or two ago and to solve this problem I gave her a pumpkin puree mixed with olive oil and mineral oil and that seemed to do the trick, but today when she pooped it had this weird look to it. She has been eating fine as well. The tank is 50 gallons and her basking temp are 110F and the cool side is around 80F.

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she has a t5 tube lamp i got it around 4 month ago
Where is the UVB? in tank or top of screen -- what is is diet --- lots of squash - cucumbers? anything that has a lot of water content will cause runny stools along w/ parasites - the oils could be still passing thru the system as well - watch next poop and see what it does - in the meantime your UVB should be properly placed and distanced for the tank / screen

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where is the UVB? in tank or top of screen -- what is is diet --- lots of squash - cucumbers? anything that has a lot of water content will cause runny stools along w/ parasites - the oils could be still passing thru the system as well - watch next poop and see what it does - in the meantime your UVB should be properly placed and distanced for the tank / screen
what about the surfing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what about the surfing
Lots of causes for glass surfing ---- they would need to be ruled out - one the tank is not big enough- recommended size for a full size dragon 120 gallon -- is it a female or male ? If female has she ever laid eggs? Surface basking temps UVB placement and ambient temps in the tank all can cause glass surfing-- its a guessing game and trying to solve the cause

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lots of causes for glass surfing ---- they would need to be ruled out - one the tank is not big enough- recommended size for a full size dragon 120 gallon -- is it a female or male ? If female has she ever laid eggs? Surface basking temps UVB placement and ambient temps in the tank all can cause glass surfing-- its a guessing game and trying to solve the cause
female, no she has never laid eggs i think ill upgrade the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
female, no she has never laid eggs i think ill upgrade the tank
Ok you can start there - if you need websites for tanks please ask I can post some for you-- in the mean time get her out for like 2 hours see what she does after putting her back in - is she glass surfing constantly or only after eating etc?

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok you can start there - if you need websites for tanks please ask I can post some for you-- in the mean time get her out for like 2 hours see what she does after putting her back in - is she glass surfing constantly or only after eating etc?
she stops surfing when I take her out so the tank should be the problem, but still she is always puffed up even when she is sleep. I even massage her stomach and hear a hissing sound( or air escaping) but after that she goes right back to being puffed. she has been puffed up for 2 weeks ever since right after I gave her dubias, after she finished eating I noticed she was that she was taking in air and keeping it in even though she poops so I don't think its impaction

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she stops surfing when I take her out so the tank should be the problem, but still she is always puffed up even when she is sleep. I even massage her stomach and hear a hissing sound( or air escaping) but after that she goes right back to being puffed. she has been puffed up for 2 weeks ever since right after I gave her dubias, after she finished eating I noticed she was that she was taking in air and keeping it in even though she poops so I don't think its impaction
Mine do the samething after eating dubias so I am not sure what that is --- I would get your surface basking temps down to 95-100 -- 110 is pretty hot for a adult dragon -- that temp could also be causing the surfing as well --- but upgrading your tank will make her happy

pepitothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my bearded dragon has been running to a corner and running her head throughout the glass/ pacing in the tank. she also had a problem with pooping a week or two ago and to solve this problem I gave her a pumpkin puree mixed with olive oil and mineral oil and that seemed to do the trick, but today when she pooped it had this weird look to it. She has been eating fine as well. The tank is 50 gallons and her basking temp are 110F and the cool side is around 80F.
That poop is not normal !! According to our vet poo for beardies should be solid.

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yesterday she pooped it is looking less bad as the last one, But the urate was a little firm and it came out first (that's why is separated from the poop). I also removed her from her tank for a little while to stop the surfing while I get a new tank, working on her temps now.

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 5

HM2122

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am gonna give her more food with moisture in it because I don't want her to be dehydrated,
can you tell me a good daily meal for a adult bearded dragon because i cant seem to find a website that said a good diet for everyday?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am gonna give her more food with moisture in it because I don't want her to be dehydrated,
can you tell me a good daily meal for a adult bearded dragon because i cant seem to find a website that said a good diet for everyday?
Here is one that is used http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale info its outdated and a great staple feeder -- mix your greens -- you will find one that the dragon likes better than others - I would lay off any squash your feeding for now it has a lot of water content - try feeding some shredded sweet potato raw -- that should firm the poop up -- limit fruits -- anything that has a high content of water is going to give watery stools -- excess water coming out just means hes hydrated -- if your getting white urate that is chalky or dried out looking hes dehydrated