• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

garlic scented flavor enchancer for reptiles

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
hii! does anyone knows if this is safe for bearded dragons? how often can i put this on salad?
284F7355-1B54-4F8C-8309-DD8B06F50403.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have not seen this before let me see if some others have heard of this
Here is one reply I got back
I don't use those types of things, a beardie will naturally eat a healthy diet if it has a good set up, lights, etc.
Some may be picky but real foods items [ insects, lots of variety in greens + veg ] should give them what they need. Some people use bee pollen as a salad topper if beardie is picky. Or reduce the amount + frequency of insect feedings. What is the beardie's set up, lights and diet like ? Pics of the enclosure and the beardie can show if some changes are needed.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Second response on this
I find it best to just rotate what is offered to try and meet with their preferences rather than relying on supplements like this. Things like add a little bit of a different fruit to change the color or taste of a salad etc. They tend to eat pretty well and get what they need when given a good variety and a healthy environment. It seems a bit odd to offer a garlic flavor to them. That doesn't seem to align with what they typically seek out.

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
I don't use those types of things, a beardie will naturally eat a healthy diet if it has a good set up, lights, etc.
Some may be picky but real foods items [ insects, lots of variety in greens + veg ] should give them what they need. Some people use bee pollen as a salad topper if beardie is picky. Or reduce the amount + frequency of insect feedings. What is the beardie's set up, lights and diet like ? Pics of the enclosure and the beardie can show if some changes are needed.
hii! thank u. that makes sense. she has a very good appetite. she likes her greens and dubias too! i was thinking to bought this just to use rarely, on the days that she’s not very interested. u know, she prefer dubias lol! i have bee pollen, but im afraid that she is alergic… i never gave to her, because im afraid that this can be possible, right? so, the only problem that i have with her is parasites.
it’s the fourth time that my bearded dragon get parasites. (oxiurus) she’s almost 3 years old, and mostly, she doesn’t have any symptoms - (just a stinky poop)
so she had panacur for all these events. in the right dosage!
she tested negative after the medicine, but like i said, after a few months, she’s parasitized again :( i have so much careful with her, i clean her enclosure every month with desinfectant, she doesn’t have crickets as well, just dubias. i just dont know what else to do about it ! im afraid to do nothing this time, and it lose control.

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
Second response on this
I find it best to just rotate what is offered to try and meet with their preferences rather than relying on supplements like this. Things like add a little bit of a different fruit to change the color or taste of a salad etc. They tend to eat pretty well and get what they need when given a good variety and a healthy environment. It seems a bit odd to offer a garlic flavor to them. That doesn't seem to align with what they typically seek out.
i do that! she eats very well when she sees carrots and fruits… but u know i can’t do it everytime. she have a variety of greens almost everyday (the others 3 days, dubias) sometimes when she saw no colors on her greens she refuses them lol! but… in majority, she’s a good eater.

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
she has uvb and her heating lamp! i big enclosure, i can take better photos tomorrow. these photos i took today, she ate everything.

Attachments

• 4AC22B60-DB61-4F35-A7BD-8F0501864A9F.jpeg
    4AC22B60-DB61-4F35-A7BD-8F0501864A9F.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 98FF94A2-3A62-48AC-B35A-DE16801CAF80.jpeg
    98FF94A2-3A62-48AC-B35A-DE16801CAF80.jpeg
    992.7 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
just one more question, there is any problem if i administrate panacur again for her? there’s been like 4 months since the last dose
You need to consult Tracie on the med - I will send her your post she's the vet tech on the board- did you try the swell website for the uvb? I sent two - please get the dragon out side for good uvb- 15 min or longer in direct sun will give him the uvb he needs- have him sit on you or place him in a plastic tote NO GLASS to lid please super vise him do this every day or every other - temps need to be 65 F or warmer @Drache613

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
You need to consult Tracie on the med - I will send her your post she's the vet tech on the board- did you try the swell website for the uvb? I sent two - please get the dragon out side for good uvb- 15 min or longer in direct sun will give him the uvb he needs- have him sit on you or place him in a plastic tote NO GLASS to lid please super vise him do this every day or every other - temps need to be 65 F or warmer @Drache613

i already do that, everyday for 18 minutes. she stays on a blanket. having the part of sun, and a space for shadow thanks for send this to her!

leticia carvalho

Hatchling Dragon
i already do that, everyday for 18 minutes. she stays on a blanket. thanks for send this to her!

the others websites, i think they don’t ship. and the taxes are really very expensive:(