• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eye won’t open

Angelina

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I’m new here My daughter gave my a 3 yrs old female bearded dragon. I noticed 3 days ago her eye won’t open. I got it open a lil bit with a q tip and got something out of her eye. Could of been a piece of dirt i don’t. However after that her eye was a little runny with blood and she still can’t open it. She became very lethargic and dehydrated after that . I have use the reptile turtle drops and they didn’t help. I can’t afford a vet I don’t want her to die or be in pain. I believe it’s infected. If anyone can help me I’m willing to try anything at this point. I love her now. And I want her to be healthy again Thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_1610.jpeg
    IMG_1610.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I’m new here My daughter gave my a 3 yrs old female bearded dragon. I noticed 3 days ago her eye won’t open. I got it open a lil bit with a q tip and got something out of her eye. Could of been a piece of dirt i don’t. However after that her eye was a little runny with blood and she still can’t open it. She became very lethargic and dehydrated after that . I have use the reptile turtle drops and they didn’t help. I can’t afford a vet I don’t want her to die or be in pain. I believe it’s infected. If anyone can help me I’m willing to try anything at this point. I love her now. And I want her to be healthy again Thanks so much
Please get some regular saline no contact lens stuff rinse the eye the apply some raw unfiltered honey- if it's infected it will kill the infection please NO crickets in the tank - please get rid of the loose substrate if your using that- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size if the tank-- next the cause could be your uvb and or basking bulb-- please tell what your using brand and bulb of both NO colored bulbs please