• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dehydration or something else?

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!

My lil buddy Jake has some wrinkles on the left side of his body. His right side looks normal. I have given him a bath and let him soak a couple days ago. I give him washed greens for food and I have been misting him occasionally. He's not showing any other signs of illness, however he has had some watery poop the last couple days but his urate looks ok. I have a vet appointment on Thursday but I'm worried and feel like I need to take him to a reptile veterinarian for an emergency. I'm not sure of his weight but he doesn't look under weight and he his active.

Attachments

• 16950608763207254865442475194645.jpg
    16950608763207254865442475194645.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230917_125239945.jpg
    IMG_20230917_125239945.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230918_120132982_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230918_120132982_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230918_120143223_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230918_120143223_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone!

My lil buddy Jake has some wrinkles on the left side of his body. His right side looks normal. I have given him a bath and let him soak a couple days ago. I give him washed greens for food and I have been misting him occasionally. He's not showing any other signs of illness, however he has had some watery poop the last couple days but his urate looks ok. I have a vet appointment on Thursday but I'm worried and feel like I need to take him to a reptile veterinarian for an emergency. I'm not sure of his weight but he doesn't look under weight and he his active.
Your dragon is not dehydrated --- his poop would tell you so - the dark looks moist and the urate looks formed and moist as well -- that is what you want - the wrinkles is normal all dragons get them and does not necessarily mean hes dehydrated -- watch the poops - extra water is good just means hes hydrated -- rinsing the greens is good thats how they get most of their hydration -- NO enemas at the vet please --- if they want a stool sample take one in preferably 24 hr --- enemas are dangerous and some vets can cause a lot of damage and harm so please NO enemas

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your dragon is not dehydrated --- his poop would tell you so - the dark looks moist and the urate looks formed and moist as well -- that is what you want - the wrinkles is normal all dragons get them and does not necessarily mean hes dehydrated -- watch the poops - extra water is good just means hes hydrated -- rinsing the greens is good thats how they get most of their hydration -- NO enemas at the vet please --- if they want a stool sample take one in preferably 24 hr --- enemas are dangerous and some vets can cause a lot of damage and harm so please NO enemas
Yes! I remember that advice from the other day. I will be sure to bring a sample with me. He has been giving me consistent poops so I will probably have one available. I have had him for a week now and so I'm still used to him and vise versa. I have been handling him and letting him go when he makes it known he doesn't want to be held. His beard has been a light orange and his other body language tells me he seems to be pleased with where he is at.