• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies eyes

DragonGirl143

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does anyone know why my beardies eyes are like this? They always stay like this.

Attachments

• 20230612_170159.jpg
    20230612_170159.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230612_170155.jpg
    20230612_170155.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I meant the pupils. One of them is round and the other is narrower like a cats eye?
Can your dragon see good? I have one dragon that has recently developed eye site issues - he has one that has a cataract on it and the other is odd shaped -- so hes not able to see very good -- I can have Tracie take a look at them and see what she says --
@Drache613

DragonGirl143

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can your dragon see good? I have one dragon that has recently developed eye site issues - he has one that has a cataract on it and the other is odd shaped -- so hes not able to see very good -- I can have Tracie take a look at them and see what she says --
@Drache613
He seems to see everything fine from what I can tell.

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

The one eye, the retina does look a bit off to me. How long has it looked that way?
Do you think he injured his eye somehow, scratched it somehow with shedding? I have been seeing
more dragons with eye issues like cataracts, etc. The other eye looks better, did you mention it was
a cataract in that eye?
I realize there doesn't appear to be an infection, but you could get some antibiotic eye ointment to put
in it, to see if that helps any.

Tracie

DragonGirl143

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

The one eye, the retina does look a bit off to me. How long has it looked that way?
Do you think he injured his eye somehow, scratched it somehow with shedding? I have been seeing
more dragons with eye issues like cataracts, etc. The other eye looks better, did you mention it was
a cataract in that eye?
I realize there doesn't appear to be an infection, but you could get some antibiotic eye ointment to put
in it, to see if that helps any.

Tracie
It's been this way since I got him and I've only had him for a little more than a week

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Bless him, it was definitely previous care. It could be genetics, also, or just poor care & or nutrition
as well.
How is he doing?

Tracie

DragonGirl143

Bearded Dragon Egg
He seems to be doing good now he's eating a lot more than he has been and he's been very active during the day. I think he was just adjusting for the past week to his new home.
Hello,

Bless him, it was definitely previous care. It could be genetics, also, or just poor care & or nutrition
as well.
How is he doing?

Tracie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it takes a while for them to get adjusted and acclimated to the tank - just keep feeding him and as long as his surface basking temps are good and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and you have a good UVB No coils please and its properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank he should adjust more quickly

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

How are your dragon's eyes doing, any improvements thus far?
Is he still eating & basking? He can have a good quality of life, even with limited vision. Keep
us posted on him.

Tracie