• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Strange Behavior

rmaelenecat

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've seen my beardie do this a couple times now, had caught it on video but having a hard time uploading it. She inflates her beard then deflates it as if in a swallowing motion, but hasn't eaten anything, as well as being accompanied by mouth opening/closing. Is this normal behavior? I've tried googling it but I am not finding the right results, finding beardies who are being aggressive but she is not, she's just chillin. Anybody recognize this behavior?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423-121929.png
    Screenshot_20230423-121929.png
    941.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230423-121920.png
    Screenshot_20230423-121920.png
    924.4 KB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've seen my beardie do this a couple times now, had caught it on video but having a hard time uploading it. She inflates her beard then deflates it as if in a swallowing motion, but hasn't eaten anything, as well as being accompanied by mouth opening/closing. Is this normal behavior? I've tried googling it but I am not finding the right results, finding beardies who are being aggressive but she is not, she's just chillin. Anybody recognize this behavior?
She is stretching her beard- shes probably gonna shed it soon- the mouth opening could be shes gaping which is adjusting her body temp- they can go off their food at times when shedding-