• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie lethargic?

DragonGirl143

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie seems to be very sleepy/lethargic and hasn't been eating as many greens as I would like him to. I recently got him about a week ago and he doesn't move around much unless he's looking for roaches. I'm not sure if he's just stressed or if something's wrong? Apples help him to eat the salad but I've read you can only give that once a week

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Describe your setup, dimensions, lighting, etc. How old is the beardie? Are we certain he is a he?

Females will get a little less active, and eat a little less as they are getting ready to lay (we are in that time of year in general). You will see her swell up a bit, she will seem thicker if that is the case. Kind of tough for you, having little previous knowledge of the animal to refer back to.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie seems to be very sleepy/lethargic and hasn't been eating as many greens as I would like him to. I recently got him about a week ago and he doesn't move around much unless he's looking for roaches. I'm not sure if he's just stressed or if something's wrong? Apples help him to eat the salad but I've read you can only give that once a week
Your dragon is going thru relocation stress --- its good he / she is eating and the appetite will be off till he adjust and acclimates to the tank - make your your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and are 95-100 for a 6 month old dragon and up - babies 105-110 - NO stick ons please and your UVB is a long tube fixture correctly placed for the screen on the tank - I can help you w/ that - the correct lighting and UVB are going to help the dragon adjust quicker -- apples are good but please limit them as all fruit - he should be getting daily greens here is website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Ignore the kale info its outdated