• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon nails curling, what should I do? I cut them, but they're so close to her vein!

Finley_dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The only thing is, is that if I cut them, the nail is so close to the vein. I've cut that many times before but it's almost impossible without cutting her being this time.
Ok snip the ends- what are you using for substrate

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is what i have in her tank rn
Ok this not keeping her nails down obviously - I would get a piece of ceramic tile in the tank something that's textured nothing real coated or smooth- go to your home improvement store- and rub your hand over the tile this will keep her nails down- I am gonna see what I can do for some help/ ideas on this

Finley_dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok this not keeping her nails down obviously - I would get a piece of ceramic tile in the tank something that's textured nothing real coated or smooth- go to your home improvement store- and rub your hand over the tile this will keep her nails down- I am gonna see what I can do for some help/ ideas on this
Thank you!!

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I know nothing about bearded dragons, I'm only here to take care of the spam, but I DO know turtles. And when a turtles' nails curl like that it's the first sign of MBD. So It begs the question does your dragon get calcium? And what type/brand UVB light do you use?

Latest posts