• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Australia Part 1

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys,

As promised pics of my cross country trip on my trek through OZ.

Long Lonely Road
Road1.jpg

road3.jpg

I will try and group the photos from into relevant information rather than just slapping pics together. I'm sure everybody that is interested in the "research" side of things would appreciate it more lol.

Eucalyptus Forrest and Terra
eucalypt-forest.jpg

eucalypt-forest2.jpg

The ground coverage
grey-dirt.jpg

Heath/grasslands and Terra
temperate-heath2.jpg

Temperate-heath.jpg

The ground coverage
beige-dirt.jpg

Some of the natives
Crested dragon male (ctenophorus cristatus)
crested-male1.jpg

crested-male2.jpg

created-male3.jpg

Crested dragon Female (the missus,they were a pair i found)
female-crested2.jpg

female-crested1.jpg

White-tailed black cockatoos
white-tailed-black-cockatoo.jpg

Cape barren Geese
cape-barren-geese.jpg

That's it for now. There will be a part 2 with the mallee/scrub and the spinifex grasslands still to come. Also pics of Shinglebacks and a Heath monitor.

Cheers,

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
omg francis these pictures make me wanna go there right now! it seems like u enjoyed your trip!

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Francis, Awesome pics. Thanks! I like that you grouped them to show the area/terra. I notice in the ground pics it looks more like a red clay/sand/dirt/rocks type of terra. Very cool.

Love the crested dragon pair! Very cool.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
very nice.
Francis.......what is the general weather at this time of year?

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
very nice.
Francis.......what is the general weather at this time of year?

HOT HOT HOT everyday was above 40 C for me while i was travelling. A bit disappointing really in terms of wildlife as there where hardly any cause of the heat. In the northern part of the country it's the big wet though so not a good time to be treking up there. I still have a few more pics to put up i just gotta get the motivation to sort through them.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Francis, the first sets of pics are great! But, all you've done is wet our appetites for more! LOL ***still waiting ever so patiently for more pics*** ;D

Latest posts