• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any Advice?

GodzillaTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I need some help hopefully y’all have some knowledge about bearded dragons health, I recently got back from a work trip (two weeks) and came home to her not moving as much both hands are swollen. The person taking care of her said it just started to happen. I bought crickets and sprayed the **** out of them with calcium assuming it was that . She ate the crickets when I gave her them but she doesn’t chase them , she is still using the bathroom as well . Yesterday it seemed to hard for her to hold herself up so I booked a vet appointment as soon as they were available which sadly it in like 6 days , today after had feeding her she was able to hold herself up and move a bit but not all the way as usual. Any advice should I call around for better appointments or will she be okay?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I need some help hopefully y’all have some knowledge about bearded dragons health, I recently got back from a work trip (two weeks) and came home to her not moving as much both hands are swollen. The person taking care of her said it just started to happen. I bought crickets and sprayed the **** out of them with calcium assuming it was that . She ate the crickets when I gave her them but she doesn’t chase them , she is still using the bathroom as well . Yesterday it seemed to hard for her to hold herself up so I booked a vet appointment as soon as they were available which sadly it in like 6 days , today after had feeding her she was able to hold herself up and move a bit but not all the way as usual. Any advice should I call around for better appointments or will she be okay?
Please post a pic of the dragon and the tank -- please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them and the UVB coil or long tube fixture- we will start there -- temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - stick ons are for ambient temps

GodzillaTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please post a pic of the dragon and the tank -- please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them and the UVB coil or long tube fixture- we will start there -- temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - stick ons are for ambient temps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

GodzillaTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is a bit more active today her legs are back to normal, but her arms are still swollen I took a picture of the calcium spray ( the guy at the reptile shop recommended it) I still have the appointment I just want to know if there is more I can do for her ? Thank you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is a bit more active today her legs are back to normal, but her arms are still swollen I took a picture of the calcium spray ( the guy at the reptile shop recommended it) I still have the appointment I just want to know if there is more I can do for her ? Thank you
The heating element is for a basking bulb? Please show me the lighting you have in the tank ---- the UVB and the basking bulb your using-- I see the one leg is really swollen -- I need to know what your using for lighting before we can get the issue resolved - surface basking temps and UVB are critical -- do you have a hammock in the tank? I was thinking maybe gout - when you touch the leg does she flinch pull away from you?