• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your first reptile?

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
lol at Brian's attempt at the water moccasin pet. My first reptile. I had a turtle as a child. Then I had a leopard gecko, then a kenyan sand boa, then a pacman frog, chameleon, then the crevice lizards, the 3 beardiesm then the biting, barking, tokay biotch. Who is a male...Perhaps I should change his name to azz. Funny he hasnt bitten me yet. Only Mike. We did get him from a woman.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
;D I have to show this to Bev some time. She's always telling me that's the difference between men and women....the fact that women can multitask. I guess this is proof that, while multitasking might be something women can "do", not always are they successful at it! LOL!
LOL! I am far from your typical woman when it comes to things like that. I've always been the tomboy that loves gettin dirt under my nails rather than getting them painted. I strongly believe women can't multitask...have you seen how many women drivers try to fix their hair or talk on the cell phone while driving? Then have you seen the result of that? (crashes)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Craiger said:
;D I have to show this to Bev some time. She's always telling me that's the difference between men and women....the fact that women can multitask. I guess this is proof that, while multitasking might be something women can "do", not always are they successful at it! LOL!

LOL! I am far from your typical woman when it comes to things like that. I've always been the tomboy that loves gettin dirt under my nails rather than getting them painted. I strongly believe women can't multitask...have you seen how many women drivers try to fix their hair or talk on the cell phone while driving? Then have you seen the result of that? (crashes)

Why yes, yes I have! LOL!

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
When I was eight or nine, I came home from school to find my mom yelling at my uncle in the living room. I was confused about what was going on, and then I went in the kitchen and found a large tank with some sand, a water dish, a heat lamp and a large lizard in it. XD Apparently my uncle found someone who was looking to get rid of the lizard, figured I'd make a good owner and brought it over my house and set it up when my mom wasn't home. My mom wasn't exactly thrilled about the new pet, but I was. I named him Spike. To this day I have no idea what kind of a lizard Spike was, and because of that I doubt I cared for him well. He had the same shape as a monitor lizard but was much smaller, bit a lot, hated to be held and scared my poor mom to death. I loved him like my own child and cuddled him as much as possible, resulting in many bloody fingers. Eventually I came home from school to find that he "ran away." :(

Then after that I cried enough that my mom bought me a bearded dragon, but we followed PetSmart advice and he died in a few months.. :'(

Then I got Wrex last year, and he was sickly and didn't make it past being a baby... But now I have Loki, who is large, fat, healthy and FRIENDLY. He can sit on my lap for hours as I'm doing homework / gaming / watching tv / whatever, and walks around my room like he owns the place but always hops back up on the bed when he's done exploring. Couldn't ask for a better beardie. :D

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My first reptile was a small box turtle. Most likely a baby. I was about 8 years old. :) I've always had a thing for reptiles and such. Well, we put him in a 10 gallon tank in my room with some dirt, fed him turtle food, and played with him occasionally :) I loved that little turtle. We had him for about 3 months when I came home to find him missing :'( We looked everywhere, but he was never found. Three months later, my family pulled the Hungry hippo game out from under the bed, and guess who we found? Yep. My turtle had gotten stuck in the depression that holds the marbles. Turtle death Irony? I think so. ((Sorry if this was a lengthy post))

turtle.jpg

Not exact turtle, but looked like this

Latest posts