• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Your first reptile?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm curious to know what everyone had for their first reptile. I'll start, of course.

My first reptile was Bibron Geckos. I got them a year ago, but then re-homed them around Christmas. And, after taking care of beardies, I realized that the care I gave my Bibron's was sooooo wrong. I knew absolutely nothing about taking care of reptiles.

What was your first reptile?

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
my first reptile was my leopard gecko, lily. my little fatty pants! oh, i do still have her. she's laying in her dish right now taking a nap. see the little smiley face her ear and the two dots above it make?
091.jpg

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my first reptile ever was a huge snapping turtle I adopted when i was 5 years old. Built a little pin for it and all. Usedto ride it in my backyard. Also caught wild kingsnakes, anoles, and had a baby water moccasin (till my mom found out haha). What can I say lol growing up in south georgia sparked my reptile flame haha

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh Crystal, that smiley face on Lily's is so neat!

crypticdragons said:
Usedto ride it in my backyard.

Must've been HUUUUGE! :eek:
Wish I lived somewhere where I can catch reptiles in my backyard or nearby.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got two diffrent species at the same time so both are first.

Male Central netted dragon (Ctenophorus nuchalis)
Pair of Gidgee skinks (Egernia stokesii)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dora and Petey (leo gecks) were my first reptiles... Since then (only 2 years ago) we've had 7 other gecks joins us, as well as the 4 dragons..
I'm thinkin' that maybe a slither might join sometime in the future.. we'll see.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My first reptile was a green iguana that I bought when I was 16. Only had him a shprt time then I rehomed him. Now that I'm older and have other reptiles, i realized I didn't provide proper care for him. I took pet store advice.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 1st reptiles were 5 red ear slider turtles and a green iguana (George). I rehomed the iggy once he hit 5 ft

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My first one was a turtle I found but only got to keep him a day or so and mom made me put him back at the creek where I found him. My first real pet reptile was Miss Piggy then Oscar came quickly after her. Now hubby says no more for a while, but next on the list is and iguana. We both agree we want one but first we need to buy a house so we know we always have the space for it and will not have to rehome it because we are have to move and have no room for it.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well unofficially I had a frog when I was little, till he escaped....

But officially my beardie Pogie is my first. Never ever thought I could be a reptile person ;)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My first "official" reptile as a pet was a couple red-eared sliders. A male and a female. Both housed separately once the female became aggressive toward the male. He ended up around 5 or 6 inches in diameter while she was around 11 and still growing. Ended up rehoming them as I hated how messy they were. I mean, they even ate their own poop. That totally disgusted me! They were 8 or 9 when we rehomed them.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
My first "official" reptile as a pet was a couple red-eared sliders. A male and a female. Both housed separately once the female became aggressive toward the male. He ended up around 5 or 6 inches in diameter while she was around 11 and still growing. Ended up rehoming them as I hated how messy they were. I mean, they even ate their own poop. That totally disgusted me! They were 8 or 9 when we rehomed them.
I was about the same age when I got my RES and my Green Iguana lol

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow...you all started out way earlier than I did...mine was Harley it will be 2 years in January !!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Craiger said:
[red]They[/red] were 8 or 9 when we rehomed them.
I was about the same age when I got my RES and my Green Iguana lol

I was "married with children" when I had them. The turtles were 8 or 9 when we rehomed them. ;)

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My first reptile was a green grass snake my uncle got 4 me. We ended up releasing him as he got like 2 or 3 feet long and my mother couldn't stand it no more :-\...His name was Slinky I think lol...

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
I was "married with children" when I had them. The turtles were 8 or 9 when we rehomed them. ;)
haha oops! When will I learn that I shouldn't read and multitask

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
Craiger said:
haha oops! When will I learn that I shouldn't read and multitask

;D I have to show this to Bev some time. She's always telling me that's the difference between men and women....the fact that women can multitask. I guess this is proof that, while multitasking might be something women can "do", not always are they successful at it! LOL!

Latest posts