• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

you might be a herper if

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
...if you talk to your lizards like they are people. (i was calling all of mine big babies last night while i was giving them their reptaid)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you plan to move a fellow herper into your home town, so you can go on vacation without worrying toooo much ;)
Janie.

Erskinelake

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
...if you talk to your lizards like they are people. (i was calling all of mine big babies last night while i was giving them their reptaid)

You mean we're not suppose to? I always ask Sedona how he's doing and what's he up to..oops!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
YOU had to have known there was an alternative reason for my moving you all down here, Brian ;)
But, honestly, it's cause We...ARE.....FAM..A...LY!
Janie ;)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
...if you laugh at people that say eww when you kiss your lizards head, right after they let their dog lick their face.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
right after they let their dog lick their face.
And we all know where the dog licked before he licked the face!

You might be a herper IF.........................

You have a 2000 sq ft house. In it is one master bedroom, one master bathroom. An office, a kitchen, a den.............The remaining 6 rooms are filled with things requiring UVB lighting, UTH's, or Humidity.

If...........people don't come to stay overnight.

Your homeowners policy has a 100,000.00 add on clause because of your "collection"

You don't have a sign in your yard that reads BEWARE OF DOG. Yours reads..................."SORRY, The Snake ATE the DOG, and He's out here SOMEWHERE"

If your perfect 2-car garage houses all the rodents and bugs and not the vehicles.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hear Hear !
YMBAH : if you tend to spend all your time with your friends ( at your house) reciting all the cute things your reptiles did that week, while they discuss what their human children did ;)
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Amazing how the reality of a herpers mind is so different from the average person. Well at least to me it is. there are so many similarities in our behaviors, yet we are very different.

Your average person buys Clorox to disinfect the bathroom, add to the laundry, and all purpose Cleaning.
Your herper buys Clorox to sanitize areas where fecal matter gets painted on the walls, and we think it’s cute.

Your average person buys their dog shampoo. For approximately $8.00 a bottle.
The herper buys Nolvasan for roughly 13.00 a bottle.

The ordinary person buys paper towel for glass cleaning, face and finger cleaning, and general all purpose stuff.
The herper thinks the best paper towel usage in the world is as substrate.

Your ordinary person has no idea what substrate is.

When your average person talks about proteins, they speak of meats such as beef, chicken, pork etc.
We discuss bugs and rodents. How kewl is that!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Amazing how the reality of a herpers mind is so different from the average person. Well at least to me it is. there are so many similarities in our behaviors, yet we are very different.

Your average person buys Clorox to disinfect the bathroom, add to the laundry, and all purpose Cleaning.
Your herper buys Clorox to sanitize areas where fecal matter gets painted on the walls, and we think it’s cute.

Your average person buys their dog shampoo. For approximately $8.00 a bottle.
The herper buys Nolvasan for roughly 13.00 a bottle.

The ordinary person buys paper towel for glass cleaning, face and finger cleaning, and general all purpose stuff.
The herper thinks the best paper towel usage in the world is as substrate.

Your ordinary person has no idea what substrate is.

When your average person talks about proteins, they speak of meats such as beef, chicken, pork etc.
We discuss bugs and rodents. How kewl is that!

and your average person thinks the average herper is crazy when they here us talk about our
cute snake
sweet lizards
cuddly turtles
breeding colonies of roaches
and our constant discussions on poop
lmao

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and not to mention your average non-herper thinks most worms, roaches, crickets, or any other creepy crawly is disgusting and hideous and we think they are awesome feeders for our pets lmao

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think that my roaches benefit from daily snuggles and blown kisses... just before I dump em into the supplement cup before I feed em to the critters ;)
Janie...
Is that wroooooong ? lol

Dragonslave

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
.....your picking out greens at the market and someone asks you how you prepare them, you say "in the food processor along with butternut squash, prickly pear, apples and green peppers". Then they look at you funny and walk away scratching their head.
......you call home and the first thing you ask is "did she poop today, was it normal or really runny and smelly?"

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
......you call home and the first thing you ask is "did she poop today, was it normal or really runny and smelly?"

LOL Oh my gosh.............I've done that so many times............................People just look at me like i'm some sort of three legged, bug eyed alien.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
YMBAH if you out of the blue... get a new dragon, and no one else in the house knows she is coming...
Wait for the fall out at home Folks ;)
*mumbles something about building a new viv, cleaning out the quarentine tanks.... wonders if now is a good time to go ahead and plant more collards...hmmmm*
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeahhhh... They know now though !
YMBAH IF.... You got so excited about a new baby, you forgot when you arranged to have her shipped ;)
lol
J

Latest posts