• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my bearded dragon

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Rule of thumb I guess is as many can eat in 15 - 20 min. And make sure they arnt any bigger than the space between the beardies eyes.

I personally say fawk that. I feed mime everyday at 6pm and pick out whatever isn't eaten by the time lights turn off.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
I was thinking of buying crickets as I've now learnt hes meant to be fed live food 2-3 times a week so was planning on buying 800 crickets is there anything I can put them in so I don't have to pick them up so I can put so many in the tank at one time

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Store crickets in a huge plastic container. I use rubber maid ones. Have toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls inside em they climb in there. And drop them into a different container you use for dusting the crickets and than drop into enclosure

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
uploadfromtaptalk1392064022126.jpg

Something like this. And than cut a big hole in the top and put a screen over it for ventilation. I'd also suggest clear packing tape halfway down. Go around once so they can't pass it. They slip off.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was thinking of buying crickets as I've now learnt hes meant to be fed live food 2-3 times a week so was planning on buying 800 crickets is there anything I can put them in so I don't have to pick them up so I can put so many in the tank at one time
Purchasing 800 crickets for one adult BD would be a huge waste, the majority would reach maturity (Crickets have a short lifespan) &\or just die off before ever being fed. You would be likely looking at no more than 100 per week, so 250-500 (At the very most) at a time would likely be more realistic. Just my $.02

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Another quick question spikes basking light has just blew is there any sort of light I can use for him till I can get to the pet shop for a new one

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Hardware or Walmart find yourself an indoor/outdoor halogen type floodlight. Halogen puts out a bright white light. They're really not that expensive and last forever. Pay attention to the max capacity of your fixture. ..what is the max it can handle safely? If it can handle a 100 watt, I'd say that's a good place to start. You don't need no pet store girl! ;)

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
I don't have a Walmart but I'll look on my supermarkets and ill go and look on it and find out what watt it can take will the halogen warm him up and thank you :D

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
The halogen will definitely warm him up :) Look it should say on your dome fixture what it's max capacity is. Try a general or hardware store.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Can you buy screw in flood lights or will I need to buy an adapter as well as the light I had is a screw in

Latest posts