• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who Smokes Hookah/Shisha?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My friend who introduced me to my husband got me into it. It's so relaxing and fun to do every once in a while. You smoke flavored tobacco and gosh is it yummy and when you put milk in the hookah instead of water it tastes even better.

Here's one of our hookahs:

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey...... I have used one of those before. But I don't remember there being milk in it. Or tobacco for that matter. But it WAS a long time ago. So maybe I just "FORGOT".

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The hookah is different from the other smoking instrument that people use for another green type of leaf that is smoked. This is for tobacco (other people will use something else though but not us) and is big out in the middle east and Mediterranean. Most people here don't know about the use of milk in place of water. It's a trick my hubby picked up on while he was in Israel.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haven't tried it Candice. I hear from some friends that it's quite appealing, but with my allergic reactions, i'm a bit of a chicken Shiznit about the whole deal.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hahahha Vesta, I was thinking the same thing!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardielover17 said:
What are you allergic to?

too many to name. i can't find a contents list that gives me an accurate full disclosure, although i really haven't tried very hard.

Oh.....i think i was on that psychedelic railroad with Vesta back in the 60's too. lol

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recognize the apparatus... Try the honey milk though, Candice... and a tiiiiny bit of nutmeg.
'What cha talking bout, Willis !'

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lk...speaking of allergies, Daniel got tested again..real bad. Most stuff got worse and he redeveloped soy. Had a real bad reaction!! Sorry to hijack your smoking thead,lol. Btw, love the smoking aparatas.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
A friend of mine bought a hookah while serving in Iraq. Its such a cool piece of art. I'm not into smoking anything, but I thought it was so cool looking. Hookah bars were big here (not sure anymore since Michigan banned smoking in bars on May 1st) I had a lot of friends that would go to them.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stephanie is a Rockstar said:
A friend of mine bought a hookah while serving in Iraq. Its such a cool piece of art. I'm not into smoking anything, but I thought it was so cool looking. Hookah bars were big here (not sure anymore since Michigan banned smoking in bars on May 1st) I had a lot of friends that would go to them.
In NY and NJ hookah lounges are the only places you are allowed to smoke inside. There's some loophole that we have here that let's us do it.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to admit, when I saw the thread title I was like, "What the heck is a Hookah/Shisha?" I'd never seen nor heard of one 'til I opened this thread. Now I know.

Looks like we have some dopers posting in this one (Vesta)! LOL!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It was a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG time ago Craiger. A LOOOONNNGGGG time ago..... ;)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
It was a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGG time ago Craiger. A LOOOONNNGGGG time ago..... ;)

Yeah, I know. Last week seems like a LOOONNNGGG time ago to me, too. ;D

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
NAH..... Get all the excitment I need from my every day life now. Don't need anything more to make me act silly. ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I love strawberry tobacco. It is so smooth and yummy.

Latest posts