• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well its official im a daddy.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok so I was wrong I had the tank in the outdoor building not off at the storage facility. So im cleaning it up now.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1404851175514.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404851197277.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404851197277.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1404851206914.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404851206914.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1404851220985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404851220985.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 22

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Only other thing I'm going to suggest is get the UVB on the inside of the tank..... The screen cuts the UVB way way down song want the beardie to get within 8-10 inches of it with the scree. And 10-12 without the screen top.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So would I want to place the compact UV I had on the 15 on that side of the tank?
I may get a reptile hammock for that side of the tank as well. From what I read thats one thing they really seem to enjoy.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok I read inside as right side for some reason. ..... not sure how id do what you suggested though?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That works... Sorry was fixing a car...... Now just keep an eye thay your basking light doesn't melt the plastic housing of the UVB...... Otherwise you'll have to get it inside too level with the UVB not lower....... But seems good.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awesome. So they should be here in the morning. Im tracking them through FedEx right now I cant wait.
Oh... yeah I did order another one. Well they called and offered him to me since I had shown interest.
uploadfromtaptalk1404883986646.jpg

This is the boy. He has the toes nipped on one leg (can see in photo) so he was offered at a reduced price. He is absolutely gorgeous and will make a beautiful adult. I may even try breeding the two at some point down the road. Im not sure about that yet but ill have the opportunity when it comes around.
Also I do know that they will not be able to be housed together permanently. But we talked about it and he said they should be good together for around 3 months. Well ill have the permanent enclosures done long before then so I think in that regard ill be good.
Is there any other concerns I should have about keeping them together for now?
Here is a pic of them both.
uploadfromtaptalk1404883986646.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404884285187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404884285187.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 21

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Very nice.... I'd make sure they are also from different clutches as u don't want to breed siblings. As for keeping them together that's fine for awhile. Just feed them in separate containers so they don't fight for food for insects, greens just put a larger dish in with them.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I was going to feed them live food separately. Will the pellet food in the enclosure be ok?
The dragons do have the same father but different mothers.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I was going to feed them live food separately. Will the pellet food in the enclosure be ok?
The dragons do have the same father but different mothers.
I have never feed mine pellet foods.... But I'd assume it would be the same as greens..... And since they are from the same father but different mothers still makes the related...... Step sister/brother. I would not breed them.... It could make for genetically weak offspring.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have never feed mine pellet foods.... But I'd assume it would be the same as greens..... And since they are from the same father but different mothers still makes the related...... Step sister/brother. I would not breed them.... It could make for genetically weak offspring.
Ok it was just an after thought anyway. I got them for pets.
They have been eating pellets and it is recommended by the breeder to keep them on them as a part of their diet.

Latest posts