• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Well its official im a daddy.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ill cut it down to just a few rocks. Make it simpler and easier to clean.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hate to break this to you.... But that tank is to small for a juvenile beardie...... Plus you will have one hell of a time making and getting the temps right in that setup......

If your going to keep your beardie in that tank..... Get rid of all rocks but one.... The rocks absorb and radiate hest which will cause temps to fluctuate.

Minimum I'd use a 20 gallon breeder to start with....

uploadfromtaptalk1404828497010.jpg

Also keep in mind.... Those spiral UVB bulbs can cause eye irritation to your beardies.... As they r to bright and requires replacing more often as you loose uvb/uva output. I'd go get a florescent style 10.0 Repti sun or Repti glow.

Temps.

100-115 degree basking.
80-85 cool side
10-20% humidity
65 lowest night time temp

And also remember build the enclosure to suit your beardie not you. Less is more. Clutter and crap all over the tank is unnecessary and makes it ALOT harder for them to catch food, and gives said food alot more places to hide.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I wish someone would have said the tank was too small sooner. Everyone everywhere has been saying 10 gallon to start with. Its too late right now for me to change the tank before I get him as that will be in the morning.
I have reduced the rocks and stuff.
Also that info about the bulbs is something ive never heard before. Im still trying to get my temps right. And humidity is never that low :(
uploadfromtaptalk1404842292943.jpg

This is what I got right now.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wish someone would have said the tank was too small sooner. Everyone everywhere has been saying 10 gallon to start with. Its too late right now for me to change the tank before I get him as that will be in the morning.
I have reduced the rocks and stuff.
Also that info about the bulbs is something ive never heard before. Im still trying to get my temps right. And humidity is never that low :(
View attachment 9121

This is what I got right now.
Deff looks better.... But yes a 10 gallon is to small and basically your gonna be unable to get the proper temps it a tank that size.......

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What I have is a 15 but it is basically a tall 10 gallon tank. I have a 29 gallon tank I can use and would have but was cautioned not to use it because "you dont want to stress out the Dragon by putting her in something to big. That can kill a smaller breaded dragon. " thats what I was told at two petstores I went to getting stuff.

Ill get the ither tank unpacked cleaned and everything as soon as I can but it may be this weekend before im able. Do you think she would be ok in the 15 until then?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't mean to be rude..... But take there advice throw it out of the window and ask here.....

Put em in as big tank you want..... Won't stress em out loom at there natural habitat wide open space right..... I'd use your 29 gallon and than use that 10 gallon for feeding your beardie in......

HlynnReid92

Hatchling Dragon
I started my juvi in a 50 gallon... I've learned people on here have much more knowledge than anywhere else! I've been getting tons of tips to.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Don't mean to be rude..... But take there advice throw it out of the window and ask here.....

Put em in as big tank you want..... Won't stress em out loom at there natural habitat wide open space right..... I'd use your 29 gallon and than use that 10 gallon for feeding your beardie in......
I did ask but no one addressed that point.
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/11117/
Lights, rocks, decorations and more. [Help]
Its ok im just a bit stressed myself right now.
The 40B I was going to use for her when she gets a little older is currently occupied and will be for a few more weeks.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I did ask but no one addressed that point.
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/11117/
Lights, rocks, decorations and more. [Help]
Its ok im just a bit stressed myself right now.
The 40B I was going to use for her when she gets a little older is currently occupied and will be for a few more weeks.
Yea I just came across that post couple days ago....... I only browse threw tapatalk app.... And it's been stupid lately...... But am surprised no one else said about setup.... Maybe didn't know u intended on 10 gallon.... But either way we can help you figure it out... Don't stress about it..... Your beardie will be ok in the tank you have setup now for the little time u need to get it into the proper setup...... Just don't leave it long....

Latest posts