• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

vendors?

roberts_dragonlady

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got her from petsmart about a week ago. From what I've read and seen shes about 8 weeks. How often should I bathe her? How do I do it? How do I know if my baby doesn't like it? Lol

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got her from petsmart about a week ago. From what I've read and seen shes about 8 weeks. How often should I bathe her? How do I do it? How do I know if my baby doesn't like it? Lol
I give mine a bath every other day. Warm water, deep enough to come to their armpit. I give him a bath in the tub shallow end up to armpit and the drain side is deeper so he can swim if he wants. Some protest the baths but they need them regardless. If he doesnt like it just make it a little deeper keep him on your hand and submerge him in about armpit deep.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
by cant eat a lot I meant cant have a huge variety of things that older dragons can. She's definitely well fed. almost 100 crickets a day with greens being offered all day. I promise im not starving her :p

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
by cant eat a lot I meant cant have a huge variety of things that older dragons can. She's definitely well fed. almost 100 crickets a day with greens being offered all day. I promise im not starving her :p
I wouldn't expect you'd be starving her! Just wanted to be sure if she had a decrease appetite we could figure out why! :)

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Well she hasnt lost her appetite, though she has started to have runny poop. not sure why x.x hopefully I can convince my mom to take her to the vets this weekend.

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
What timbalan said! Bath time can be a struggle sometimes. at first when Puff would touch the water shed just freeze and turn bright orange so she seemed happy but then shed get to a point where I'd put her in and she'd try to get out instantly. Youll know If your beardie protests. Now Puff usually loves bath time and is starting to get brave and leave my hand to take a swim.
Always be sure to make her feel safe. Keeping your hand under her helps. Puff will hold on to my fingers and Puff up and let me just float her around.
Watch out where your hand is! Puff always poops in the bath so keep your hand away from that area...learned that the hard way
I bath Puff every 3-4 days. I'd like to do every other day but she doesn't relax and enjoy when it happens that frequently

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Crickets, collard greens, turnip greens, bok choy, romaine, and last week I finally took her off meal worms. which is when all of this started.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Cut out the Romaine lettuce immediately! It is a very poor choice for dragons, is mostly water, and is probably why she has the runs. Review this nutritional guide:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

As you can see the lettuce is considered a "blue" item, which you shouldn't offer to your dragon (it says rare, but it's best not to offer). Review the list, and stick with the "green" items. Offer the "black" items as treats.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
Cut out the Romaine lettuce immediately! It is a very poor choice for dragons, is mostly water, and is probably why she has the runs. Review this nutritional guide:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutritionframeset.html

As you can see the lettuce is considered a "blue" item, which you shouldn't offer to your dragon (it says rare, but it's best not to offer). Review the list, and stick with the "green" items. Offer the "black" items as treats.

thank you. I appreciate it because I was starting to get very frantic XD

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
Those are stress marks. They'll go away. Remember the first week atleast you should leave interactions to the minimum so she can acclimate.

Latest posts