• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

vendors?

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I'm not sure if this is in the right place...but here goes.

I'm trying to find a good, reliable and cheap, online vendor. I need pretty much all insects to be a potential product from the site. Ive tried using flukers, but the order never showed up.
I live in Texas, and someone is always home to pick up orders from ups, fedex, etc. I'd need to be able to make large orders.
I also need some advice on setting up insect keepers. what are some of the best containers to keep them in besides actual tanks? I dont have the bedroom space for a ton of 10 gallon tanks or things, but I have seen some "drawer" insect keepers, and was wondering how those work as well as if they are escapable?
any help is appreciated!!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I too live in Texas and had some success with Small Pet Feeders in the past. Check out their website to see if they have the insects you are looking for. I haven't used them in a few months now that I've gotten my roach colony off the ground.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I too live in Texas and had some success with Small Pet Feeders in the past. Check out their website to see if they have the insects you are looking for. I haven't used them in a few months now that I've gotten my roach colony off the ground.

i don't suppose you could give me a link to them? I'd very much appreciate it =)

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
If you live near San Antonio I have a lady I found on Craigslist that's sells them at a good price. Let me know if your interested. If she is currently selling I will let you know.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
we are too far from san antonio sadly. sorry! though I did find an online vendor.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
we are too far from san antonio sadly. sorry! though I did find an online vendor.

Good! Which vendor? Also, let us know how it goes. Although I myself usually order from my local person, a few times I have ordered 100 or so nymphs from someone else just to introduce some new blood into my colony.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
small pet feeders. A tad expensive in the shipping area, but hopefully worth it x.x Now I just have to convince my mother to allow roaches.

Laark

Hatchling Dragon
I am looking for everything, but right now my beardie is barely 9 inches, and cant really eat a lot x.x

roberts_dragonlady

Bearded Dragon Egg
My baby is about 7" and she'd eat a cow if she could. But I just buy them from petsmart in the little box, its a little expensive, but I would like to look into ordering in bulk, wouldn't they die? If not, how do you keep them?

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
My baby is about 7" and she'd eat a cow if she could. But I just buy them from petsmart in the little box, its a little expensive, but I would like to look into ordering in bulk, wouldn't they die? If not, how do you keep them?
Let her eat like a cow! I don't limit my beardie food. To me it'd be the same as if someone else got to choose how much food I wanted. I offer Puff meals in the morning and evening and she eats until she's full and she walks away when shes done.
As for keeping a bunch of crickets I'll let someone else weigh in on that. I buy 100 each week and they smell and get maggots and gnats if they're not eaten in a timely manner. Plus their life span isn't very long.
I keep dubia though and theyre great! If you havnt already I'd suggest looking into them. Much more nutrients and and dragons love them. Minimal smell and easy to care for.

roberts_dragonlady

Bearded Dragon Egg
I didn't know that, that's interesting. I'll definitely look into it. And I do, lol my husband tells me I feed her to much and spoil her. I hand feed her some greens everyday before putting her salad in. And she eats about 17 crickets a day on top of the collard greens.

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
Remember try to give her a variety of greens. I switch between kale, boy choy, and spring mix plus other greens depending on what's available.
I bet your baby would like we'll more then 17 crickets a day. Puff will eat 30 to 50 a day if I offer then solely. Often she will snub her nose at them completely and wait for the dubia or super worms.
Do you know how old your baby is?
And spoiling her is fine!! I hand feed Puff her dubia every day and tong feed when I give super worms (I don't like the feel of them) when I switched her to dubia from crickets as a primary her growth took off! Shes 8 months old and just shy of 15". I'd wouldn't say she's chubby but shes definitely well fed.
A lot of people don't suggest feeding super worms until a dragon is a little larger but I've given them to her a few times a week since she was a baby (when she was young she got very small supers and I'd try to give them right after they molted so they were extra soft) keep her will hydrated and just monitor poops. She goes crazy for them. The second she sees the super worm tub come out she hops down and brightens up instantly. She also gets a few supers after bath time and gets very grumpy if that doesn't happen.
uploadfromtaptalk1392923004905.jpg

Sorry the pics upside down I don't know why

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392922921649.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392922921649.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts