• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgent advice needed on sick and injured dragon!

EmilySanderson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Also, for those who are in the know, and are currently online....I'm going to get some super worms today, hopefully in the next few hours. I know I was going to get some before but I've been ill for a few days.

How many should I get? I'm assuming Beardie will eat at least two a day, going by how many meal worms he's been scoffing recently.... And what do super worms eat? I've read about "gut loading"? A way of making sure the food is stuffed to its little gizzards before it gets eaten, so to speak, and I most definitely want Beardie to get as much nutrition as he possibly can.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry, not sure if you already got them but here goes. If you get them at the petstore, they eat whatever it is that is in the container with them. Open the containers and make sure they look healthy. There should be no smell or dead bugs or lots of shed skin. Lots of shed skin means they been sitting there for along time. You want a container that looks clean and the worms are actively moving around. Depending on the size of the worm, they come in containers of like 25 or 50. I get the 50 large ones and my oldest eats 3 at a time and my little one can eat the whole container if I let him! I usually stop around 5 with him. You can also order them online but the smallest number I've seen is 500! If you go that route you can just put them in a 10 gallon tank with some oats and maybe some carrot. You just need to make sure the oats stay dry.

Latest posts